Regular Meeting – August 20, 2013


The regular meeting of the Board was held on August 20, 2013 at the 280 Sundance Circle at 6:00 PM.  In order to have a quorum of the Board of Directors the meeting was rescheduled from the August 13, 2013.  Present for the meeting were the following Board Members:

Jack Wasserbach – President

Rex Emenegger – Vice President

Kate Pickford – Secretary

Pete Diethrich – Treasurer

Teri Roberts

Also present for the meeting was Martin Moses with the NRCS Field Office and Marsha Moreland, Executive Secretary to the Board.  The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM.


Martin works for three different groups:  NRCS, Rocky Mountain Bird Conservatory and the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Department.  These groups help homeowners develop a conservation plan, they monitor and organize river restoration and protect/improve bird habitats.  He has met with Ken Charles, property owner, who asked Martin to contact the Home Owners Association.   What his group NRCS offers are the following:

  • In depth study & survey of the river corridor,
  • Documenting the types of vegetation, if there is river erosion, and kinds of weeds in the area.

There does not appear to be any river erosion in the river corridor in El Rancho Florida Subd.

There are, however, scattered noxious weeds throughout the corridor.

  • The river runs shallow and could offer ‘in stream’ improvements.
  • Drafting and Engineering designs, permitting with the Army Corp of Engineers are also a part of what they can do.
  • He would also look at individual parcels in the Association to see if they could help individual property owners.
  • The Russian Olives are not too thick in the corridor, so they would leave those alone.  There is

no Tamarisk visible.

  • There is Cost Share Re-imbursement which could be in the form of grants and other sources of income available.

The area within the HOA that would be considered is the common area in Unit I and the pond area.  It is best to have multiple land owners working together (Land owners downstream or upstream from ERF Subdivision – say Annala, Bricker, Shumway).   He can come back with a comprehensive study for sign up by the HOA before December with funding in May or June of 2014.

A motion was made, moved and passed to go forward with the comprehensive assessment with cost ratios for presentation to the Board in upcoming months.

MINUTES: A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the Minutes of the July 9th regular meeting.



a)    Sheds – A letter will go out on ‘unapproved’ sheds to Jeff Wester.

b)    Trash – Marsha will put another notice on the billings that go out monthly stating the location of the trash cans and no burning of household trash.

c)    Cars & Junk – `Junk ‘is subjective.  Cars must be licensed and operable.

d)    Horses – Kim Jones need to receive a letter stating that the 3 horses is not in compliance with the covenants.

e)    Firearms – NO shooting of firearms in the subdivision is allowed.  Another note for the billings.


A motion was made, moved and passed stating the roof extension to the existing out building at Teri Robert’s lot was reviewed and approved by the Board of the HOA.


1.    BP Amoco Line Replacement. They will be starting work on September 1st with the line replacement.  BP offered the HOA $2700 to cover surface damages, seeding, and weed control.  The check, from BP, would be made out to the HOA since the property is deeded to the HOA.

A motion was made, moved and passed to sign the agreement with BP for $2700 for surface damages.

The pipeline down Cassidy Drive is not in the ROW so PB offered $2500 and also to mag chloride 1.3 miles of Cassidy Drive & Sundance Circle.  The Metro District needs to agree to this arrangement and would probably want to include weed control as well.

2.    The HOA needs to deed the UNIT II Common Area to the Metropolitan District.

A motion was made, moved and passed to deed over the UNIT II Common Area to the Metro. District as outlined in the Service Plan for the HOA and District.

3.    Accounts Payable: A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the payables submitted.


Rex spoke with Tracy Cross and James Whitely about their background on Covenant Enforcement issues.  Both have HOA experience and suggested that the HOA Covenants need to be updated to comply with CCIOA.

A motion was made, moved and passed to contract with Tracy Cross on reviewing the HOA Covenants to bring them in compliance with CCIOA.

A motion was made, moved and pass to have Rex Emenegger, VP represent the HOA Board on being the liaison with the attorney on HOA matters.


  • Heather Snow has a prospective buyer who wants to put in a `day care’ on the lot.  There followed a brief discussion as to the traffic, noise and nuisance caused by a day care.
  • Rod Humber complained to a board member that the Laterals A, B & C need cleaning.  The laterals to the ditch are those property owners along the laterals responsibility to clean not HOA


1.    Water System: The Metro Board has sent our RFP for the distribution system improvements.  The Board will apply to DOLA for grant money by December  1st for March review by DOLA and pay out in May.  There will be fire hydrants in the plan for fire improved protection.

2.    Roads: No improvements planned this year.  Money is being collected in the reserve fund thru assessments on the water billing specifically for road improvements.

There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 8:30 PM.


Kate Pickford,