EL RANCHO FLORIDA METROPOLITAN DISTRICT
REGULAR MEETING – December 9, 2013
The El Rancho Florida Metropolitan District held their regular monthly meeting on December 9, 2013. The meeting was attended by the following Board members:
Steve Swisher – President
Jack Wasserbach – Vice President
David Ships – Treasurer
Robin Boucher – Secretary
Also, present for the meeting were: Rex Emenegger – Grader Operator; Robert Ludwig – Water Operator and Marsha Moreland – Administrator. The meeting was called to order at 6:20 PM.
A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the Minutes of November 6, 2013 as submitted.
Robert Ludwig reported that the CWAPA wants $4,000-$8,000 in the budget for a PER to be done on the improvements for the distribution project for 2014. The DOLA grant application is completed and sent off. Now it is a ‘wait and see’ what the decision is from DOLA which should be in April.
The phone line is still not repaired. There were 3 repairs done this past month and all three were joints that were leaking. The lines are old and problems are continuing to develop with the inferior quality of line that was put in years ago by the developer. Robert is still concerned that there is a leak at Pioneer Circle and Ranchos Florida Drive at the corner by Podlesnik’s lot. Chlorine is at 1.1 ppm with a log removal of .5 ppm. Estimated water sold was 461,230 gallons.
BP AMOCO LINE REPLACEMENT:
Nothing to report at this time.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE: Marsha reviewed the receivable listing with the Board. The foreclosure notice appeared in the paper on Dahlstrom.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE: After reviewing the payables a motion was made, moved and passed approving them for payment. (See attached listing)
BUDGET 2013 AMENDMENT AND 2014 BUDGET:
- A motion was made, moved and passed to adopt the resolution to amend the 2013 Budget, approve 2013 Supplemental Budget Amendment and 2013 Funds Appropriation.
- A motion was made, moved and passed to adopt the resolution adopting the 2014 Budget.
- A motion was made, moved and passed to adopt the resolution to Appropriate Funds for 2014.
- A motion was made, moved and passed to adopt the resolution to set the Mill Levy for 2014 at 25.333 mills.
GASB 54 IMPLEMENTATION:
A motion was made, moved and passed to adopt the resolution that there are restrictions or assigned balances for 2013 GASB 54 Implementation other than the required TABOR reserve.
The Board discussed with Rex his road report for November. Steve commended Rex on his dedication to doing a good job on the roads for the subdivision and his attention to detail.
- The flashers on the grader and one light are out.
- The tree removals went well with the willows.
- Rod Cook, La Plata County Extension Office, stated that the death of the cottonwoods along the roadway by the common area, are due to the spreading of the mag chloride. Rod Cook also recommended doing regular maintenance on the trees around the pond . They will live longer, less safety issues, and willows should be sprayed after they have cut and burned.
- In the spring there will be more culvert cleaning.
DEED TO THE UNIT II COMMON AREA:
The deed has been signed by the HOA and recorded.
- Jack stated that he feels the pond area should be fenced the rest of the way in 2015. The area needs to be surveyed. There will be further discussion in upcoming meetings.
- A motion was made, moved and passed to pay each of the contract labors $100 each as a Christmas bonus. (Ludwig, Moreland, Emenegger and Sibik)
- A motion was made, moved and passed to give Ben McGill a gift certificate to Ken and Sue’s Restaurant for $120 in appreciation of his consultation to the District.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 7:36 pm.
Robin Boucher, Secretary