February 7, 2018
EL RANCHO FLORIDA METROPOLITAN DISTRICT
REGULAR MEETING – February 7, 2018
The El Rancho Florida Metropolitan District held their regular monthly meeting on February 7, 2018 at 6:00 PM. The following Board members attended the meeting:
Robin Boucher – Vice President
David Shipps – Treasurer
Mike Arries – Secretary
Jim Belcher – Director
Also, present for the meeting were: Robert Ludwig & Tom Riley – water operators; Rex Emenegger – grader operator and Marsha Moreland – administrator. The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM. Steve Swisher, President was out of town and excused from this meeting. The meeting opened at 6:00 PM by Robin Boucher, Vice President.
The January 3, 2018 minutes were approved.
Tom Riley reported that the meters were not read due to frozen lids. The tank is done and will be on line in the next couple of weeks after another door gasket is received. The chlorine pump is replaced and on line.
Goff Engineering’s contract to get the District thru a grant with DOLA will be $22,585. The project would be to do 5 cul-de-sacs this year which will finish up the system with the exception of Cassidy Drive. The total project would cost approximately $200,000. If a DOLA grant is not received then Goff’s amount will be $15,447.
A motion was made, moved and passed approving the engineering proposal for 2018 water main replacement.
The hydrants have all been lubricated and look good. Robert stated the hydrants need to be greased when they are worked each time. Tom purchased a rolling tool box with tools necessary for maintenance on the system.
Robert informed the Board that he will be getting bleach from Home Depot. It may be a little more expensive but will meet the Health Department requirements.
1) Accounts Payable were reviewed and approved.
2) Accounts Receivable was discussed briefly. List sent out prior to the meeting.
3) Audit Exemption Engagement Letter – A motion was made, moved and passed approving Clark, White & Associates to do the 2017 Audit Exemption in the amount of $3,000.
Rex has been working with Robert Schmidt on the roads. He is picking up quickly the technic of driving the grader.
There are concerns by residents of speeding on the District’s roads. The BOD need to consider doing the speed ‘humps’ this spring for speed control. Robin will get pricing on more signs that are needed.
- New Development by Cameron Winters request for a 45 ‘Tiny Home’ Low Income Housing Development East of CR 510 sitting on 46 Acres. The request is to change the zoning from Rural Residential to Suburban Density Residential. If approved it would have many impacts on the Districts’ roads, property values, taxes, pond, etc.
- Movable building to be a ‘joint’ project for the subdivision. The building would be by the water pump house next to the electric poles down by the pond. Costs would be approximately $22,000 ($11,000 split between District and HOA). No water tap will be needed, would have to sheet rock, tape and paint it. Electricity available. No sewer tap needed.
The building will be approximately 12’ X 32’ or 16’ X 24’ in size.
There being no additional business the meeting adjourned at 6:55 PM.
Michael Arries, Secretary