Metro January 11, 2016

REGULAR MEETING – January 11, 2016


The El Rancho Florida Metropolitan District held their regular monthly meeting on January 11, 2016 at 6:00 PM.   The regular meeting had to be rescheduled from January 6th due to a lack of a quorum and was attended by the following Board members:

Steve Swisher – President
Robin Boucher – Secretary
David Shipps – Treasurer

Also, present for the meeting were: Robert Ludwig – Water Operator, Rex Emenegger – Grader Operator and Marsha Moreland – Administrator.  The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM.


A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the Minutes of December 2, 2015 regular meeting as submitted.


Robert Ludwig had reported that there was a leak called in by David Shipps that he suspected a leak near Steve Swisher’s house at 750 Pioneer Circle.  Robert verified the leak and stated that he felt it was caused by the construction work done by Williams Construction on the Distribution Project this past summer. The leak occurred at the curb stop which had been loosened during the line replacements.

Another leak occurred at the residence at 2616 CR 510 – Wendy Miller’s mobile.  There had been a line that froze and broke under the house.  The house has been vacant since December, so the leak went undetected for a while.  Marsha will check with Amber Concepcion, Wendy Miller’s daughter, as to whether the water is to be turned off at the meter.

A motion was made, moved and passed to adjust the water bills to the amount of the normal monthly billings.  This is in keeping with the normal procedure when leaks occur which are not due to the fault of the homeowner.

CWAPA Loan balance is $39,520.95 and they want the loan proceeds used in 2016.  Brief discussion on whether or not the District could possibly purchase a piece of equipment to maintain the infrastructure of the water system when line breaks occur.  Robert said he would like the Board to consider the option and will check with Erick Worker and get back with the Board at the next meeting.


The Sanitary Survey was completed by the State and the system passed with flying colors.  Testing for Nitrates and Nitrites were done and test results were clear of any contaminants.

Grant applications with DOLA would be in October of 2016 and project startup in 2017 if that is a route the Board decides to take on further water system improvements.


Accounts Payable – Marsha reviewed with the Board the payables presented.  A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the payables for January.

Accounts ReceivableThe delinquent accounts were mailed to the Board prior to the meeting.  There followed a brief discussion as to Shut Offs.

2015 Budget – The Board received the bank reconciliation reports for 12/31/14 and a copy of the final numbers for the Actual 2015 Budget will be mailed out by the end of January.  Budget for 2016 will be filed early February with DOLA.

Meeting Day, Time and Place designation A motion was made, moved and passed to continue to have the meetings on the first Wednesday of each month at 6:00 pm at 755 E. Second Avenue, Ste. OD.   Marsha will send out the posting notices to the appropriate agencies.

Conservation Trust Funds – The Certificate of Eligibility for 2016 was filed by Marsha with DOLA.

Payroll – Payroll reports and filings will be completed by the Payroll Department for 2015.

1099’sThey will go out the end of January.

Board Vacancies – Brief discussion on appointing Gary Wolt ,to fill the vacancy of Jack Wasserbach and and Jim Belcher  to fill the vacancy Gary Skiba.  Steve will contact other interested parties and let them know the Board’s decision.

Mass E-Mail Policy – Anything e-mailed out to the residents with regard to the roads or water system should be with the approval of the Board of Directors.

Election Resolution – The Election Resolution appointing Marsha Moreland as the DEO and giving her the authority to cancel the election if there are not enough candidates to fill the terms up for election.  The election will be a ‘mail ballot’ election as defined in the resolution.  The Call for Nominations will go out in February.

Designated Agent for Claims – A motion was made, moved and passed approving Robin Boucher, Secretary, as the Agent for any notification of claims made on behalf of the District.  This is a filing with the State and DOLA that Marsha will see is filed.

HOA Annual Meeting is February 9th.  Steve and Robin will be able to attend on behalf of the District.


Rex stated that there is an area, from the water line replacement project, where people are getting stuck in the road at the corner of Valley Trail/Valley Place by Jessie Brumley’s lot where the water line was trenched.  There needs to be some work done there to bring the road back to county specs.

Snow Removal Policy -A brief discussion took place as to the District’s snow removal policy and communications with the residents’

There was discussion as to the improvement of the roads this Spring/Summer and getting proposals from contractors on the amount of work to be done.  Steve, Robin and David will get with contractors for bids and scope of work needed.

The meeting adjourned at 8:00 PM.

Robin Boucher, Secretary