EL RANCHO FLORIDA HOMEOWNERS ASSOC, INC.
Regular Meeting – January 14, 2014
The regular meeting of the Board was held on January 14, 2014 at the 280 Sundance Circle at 6:00 PM. Present for the meeting were the following Board Members:
Jack Wasserbach – President
Rex Emenegger – Vice President
Peter Diethrich – Treasurer
Also present for the meeting was Marsha Moreland – Executive Secretary. The meeting was called to order at 6:05 PM. Kate Pickford was unable to make the meeting due to being out of town.
A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the minutes of November 12, 2013 as written.
- Covenant Revision Discussion – Rex reviewed with the Board and Marsha the ‘proposed’ revisions to the Covenants. Cleaned up the wording and left in only those covenants that pertained to the ‘land’. Lengthy discussion followed. (Rules and Regulations will be for all issues that are NOT attached to the land.
- Annual Meeting – Marsha asked for input on the Agenda and Proxy form for the Annual Meeting packets that are to be mailed out by regular mail OR e-mail to the property owners of the subdivision. The Board gave Marsha the go ahead to mail out the information with the Budget for 2014 and the last years annual meeting minutes.
- Budget 2014 – The budget for 2014 was reviewed with the Board and it was decided that there would not be an increase in the Annual Dues for 2014. A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the 2014 Budget as presented with adjustments after we know what the Pioneer Ditch dues will be.
- The Ditch Assessment, however, needs to be determined based on the Pioneer Ditch’s decisions at their Annual Meeting on March 4th. The Association has not yet received their Agenda, Budget or Proxy for the meeting in March.The HOA Annual billings will not go out until the middle of March.
- Reserve Fund: Brief discussion on whether to put the reserves into a money market account or a CD for the Association. A decision was tabled until after the Annual Meeting.
- CCIOA Policy Revisions: Rex reviewed the need to revise the Policy # 5 and #6 (delete the reference to pools, tennis courts, etc. that don’t apply to ERF HOA.) and Policy #7. It is the intention of the Board that by adopting these policies it does not mean the Association is adopting all of the policies relative to CCIOA. The Association was formed prior to 1992 and therefore not all policies apply.
- Billing Notices:
- Add information about the Annual Meeting and the 5:30 Potluck prior to the actual meeting. Be prompt please.
- That the HOA BOD is requesting comments on the PROPOSED Second Revised Covenants and PROPOSED Rules & Regulations.
Marsha received a letter from BP Amoco that they will be starting up their line replacement in UNIT II in February.
METRO. DISTRICT UPDATES:
Jack reported to the Board that in February there will be a meeting with DOLA representative, Leslie Heintz, whereby Robert Ludwig and Jack will be pleading the District’s case for a $600,000 grant from DOLA for the improvements to the distribution system of the District.
There being no further business the meeting adjourned at 8:30 PM.
________________________, SecretaryKate Pickford