EL RANCHO FLORIDA HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
Regular Meeting – January 15, 2015
A regular meeting of the Board of Directors for the El Rancho Florida HOA, Inc. was held on January 15, 2015 at 6:00 PM at 280 Sundance Circle. Present for the meeting were:
Jack Wasserbach – President
Rex Emenegger – Vice President
Kate Pickford – Secretary
Teri Roberts – Director
The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM.
A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the minutes of December 8, 2014 regular meeting as written.
Rex wanted to be sure there is representation by the HOA when the Pioneer Ditch has their annual meeting. The HOA hopes to air a few of their concerns at the meeting this year. Rex was appointed to represent the HOA & vote their 155.06 shares at the Pioneer Ditch Annual meeting.
- Billing Notices –No parking on the roadways and remove trash cans when emptied by company providing trash service. Reminder of the Annual meeting, potluck before at 5:30, on February 10, at the Oxford Grange/Fire Station.
- Annual Meeting – Items for discussion are:
- Review the Rules and Regulations and any deletions/additions.
- Reserve Fund Requirements
- Pioneer Ditch recommendations for 2015 irrigation season.
- The board members reviewed the old/new rules and regulations and made deletions/additions where needed and discussed. Rex will make a clean copy for the Annual meeting review with the membership.
- The Board finalized the Agreement between the HOA and the Metro. District on the maintenance and management of the common area in Unit I.
- Pioneer Ditch – Discussed the March Annual Meeting of the Pioneer Ditch and how the HOA have several
Items they want to be sure to discuss:
1. Measuring devices are going to be required at the entrance of the water coming into the subdivision and at the end of the ditch.
2. Measuring gates and devices on the Laterals in the subdivision.
3. Nomination of a homeowner who uses the ditch water to serve on the Pioneer Ditch Board.
4. Whether Mike Shumway should be the Ditch Walker, or anyone who is a non-farmer, and serve on the Pioneer Ditch Board.
Rex will draft a letter to the Pioneer Ditch BOD and get HOA board approval prior to sending it out.
- Reserve Fund Requirement – Lengthy discussion followed on whether or not a ‘reserve’ fund is needed with the HOA since that do not have any property (common elements) they own to do capital improvements to. It was decided that at the annual meeting the membership should voice their opinion as to whether or not a reserve fund is needed and how much. The fund could be for legal representation, money set aside in a savings account, for operations if legal disputes arise. Otherwise, a special assessment would need to be implemented if not paid for by insurance. That could be a heavy assessment.
METRO. DISTRICT UPDATES:
- The District was unsuccessful on the latest round of grant money with DOLA. The bids on the water distribution system upgrades will be in February and the bid opening in March. Construction is scheduled to begin in April
- There is faster internet coming sometime this year perhaps through Skywerz. Many in the subdivision may be able to benefit through Skywerz.
- The roads are in good shape. BP still has some areas they need to clean up.
There being no further business the meeting adjourned at 8:15PM.
Kate Pickford, Secretary