EL RANCHO FLORIDA HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION
REGULAR MEETING – January 8, 2013
The El Rancho Florida Homeowners Association held their regular quarterly meeting on January 8, 2013, at 6:00 PM at 280 Sundance Circle, Durango, CO. Present for the meeting were:
Jack Wasserbach – President
Rex Emenegger – Vice President
Pete Diethrich – Treasurer
Teri Roberts – Director
Also present for the meeting was Marsha Moreland – Executive Secretary to the Board. The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM.
A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the Minutes of September 11, 2012 regular meeting as written.
Jack present to the Board the resignation letter from Bill Westendorf, Ditch Walker. After a brief discussion it was agreed that Rex and Jack would attend the Annual Meeting of the Pioneer Ditch. Due to the fact that no one has called Marsha back from the Ditch, she will leave the ditch fees at $ 86.42 (last year’s fee from Pioneer Ditch). It was agreed that the Annual Dues charged from the HOA will be lowered to $120.62, a reduction of $8.
- ERF HOA Annual Meeting is scheduled for February 20th, at the Oxford Grange at 6:00-7:30 PM.
- The bank balance is $ 53,000 as of 1/8/13.
- Marsha will put a note on the billing cards that residents can pay their HOA dues with their credit cards. She will also mention that the Annual dues are $8 less this year – $120.62.
- Brief discussion on the fact that Bud Smith is now handling the foreclosure on Walt Dahlstrom.
- Accounts Payable – A motion was made, moved and passed to accept the payables presented.
- This year a contract will be done between Biessenberger and the HOA. A ‘Scope of Work’ will be defined so that the pond area is `wider’ and that it goes all the way around the pond for access. The dead trees between the tables need to be cleared out as well.
- Discussion regarding the canopies over the picnic tables at $5,000/each. Pete and Teri are to draw up plans and get costs involved for the next meeting. Included in those figures should be moving the rocks, lowering the bank and adding more sand.
- At the Annual meeting two board member’s terms are up for nomination: Jack and Pete’s. Both agreed they would continue if there were no other nominations.
- Rex will get a count on the number of lots that have houses (animals) and how many acres each lot is. Two allowed on a 3 acre lot with 1 additional horse for each additional acre.
- On the lots that are for sale, Marsha will be in contact with the Realtors to remind them of the covenants and follow up with a letter.
METRO DISTRICT UPDATE:
Jack reported that the inspection of the pump house is coming up. There were issues over the State Housing Sticker not being applied and inspection by the County could not be completed until the sticker was placed on the structure.
Future improvements by the District will be planned by the Board of Directors.
The District will apply mag. Chloride and gravel again to the roads this spring. The gravel will be put on a `basis of priority’ on the condition of the roads where it is applied. In order to asphalt the roads in the subdivision, it could cost upwards of $79,000 from CR 222 to the bridge alone. Not an option at this point.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:45 PM.