REGULAR MEETING – March 12, 2013

The El Rancho Florida Homeowners Association held their regular quarterly meeting on March 12, 2013, at 6:00 PM at 280 Sundance Circle, Durango, CO.  Present for the meeting were:

Jack Wasserbach – President
Rex Emenegger – Vice President
Pete Diethrich – Treasurer
Teri Roberts – Director

Also present for the meeting was Marsha Moreland – Executive Secretary to the Board.  The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM.

A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the minutes of January 8, 2013 – Regular meeting and February 20, 2013 – Annual Meeting as written.

Rex attended the Pioneer Ditch Annual meeting. Mike Shumway is the Ditch Walker for Pioneer Ditch. Rex did speak with Mike Shumway about the concerns in the subdivision with regard to the irrigation ditch. The large pond on Pioneer Circle is a ‘certified’ legal stock pond with the State of Colorado. It is privately owned by the 4 property owners adjacent to it. Rex recommended that the HOA hire Mike Shumway to be the Association’s Ditch Walker. The contract amount quoted by Rex to Shumway was $3,000/for the season.

Motion – Hire Mike Shumway for the 2013 irrigation season with a clause for either party to be able to terminate within a specified time frame.

Rex reported that Vallecito is 99% of normal snow pack. Lemon is expected to be good as well.

A motion was made, moved and pass to have the officers are to remain the same for 2013.

• Reflective letter/numbers for address identification from the County Building Dept.
• Clean out your ditch and call Fire Dept. prior to burning. Clean out the willows and cat tails!

Marsha reported that it appears the Ferraro and Cutter’s lots will be closing. The Association will collect the full amount owed by Ferraro’s.


  1. Something needs to be discussed with Jones about the drainage on their driveway from Ranchos Florida to the pond common area road. Jack will work on this thru Metro. District. Cost for gravel, rocks and labor to fix drainage would be a minimum of $2,000 without labor.
  2. The canopies for the picnic tables will be put off for now. Cost of $8,000 is not possible with $50,000 reserve fund balance. Kate stated the membership voted on a fund balance of $50,000 for legal fees in case it is ever needed. This may be brought up at the next annual meeting as to what is a reasonable amount for a fund balance.
  3. Jack will make sure the power is on to the bubblers down at the pond.
  4. Horses – (Teri Roberts had excused herself from the meeting due to a school day on Tuesday.) There are 3 violators of the number of horses allowed on a 3 acre lot. There followed a lengthy discussion. The BOD tabled any action until they read thru the Covenants and By-laws with regard to variances and revisions, if considered.

There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 8:45 PM.

__________________________, Secretary