March 13, 2018
EL RANCHO FLORIDA HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
Regular Meeting – March 13, 2018
A regular meeting of the Board of Directors for the El Rancho Florida HOA, Inc. was held on March 13, 2018 at 6:00 PM at 280 Sundance Circle. Present for the meeting were:
Rex Emenegger – President
Eric Sibelius – Vice President
Pete Diethrich – Treasurer
Also present was: Paul Valdez, new Board member and Marsha Moreland, Administrator.
A motion was made and passed to approve the minutes of the January 9, 2018 regular meeting and the February 1, 2018 Annual meeting as written.
- Accounts Receivable – Delinquent accounts totaled $1,448.34
- Accounts Payable – A motion was made and passed to approve the payables of $2,253.18.
- Appoint officers: A motion was made and passed appointing Rex – President, Eric – Vice President, Pete – Treasurer and Wendy – Secretary. The Board welcomed Paul Valdez to the board.
- Litigation w/Pioneer Ditch Company (PDC): At all PDC board meetings, Eric Sibelius was excused from the litigation discussions because Amy Huff, their attorney advised the PDC board that he has a ‘conflict of interest’. The PDC Board assessed the $150 maintenance fee to all individual adjudicated water users, regardless of their nonuse of the irrigation water. Rex met with Cory Kahn, PDC board member regarding a proposed settlement of the litigation. The settlement terms allow the HOA to maintain the ditch in exchange for a reduction of the maintenance fees charged the HOA water users by 2/3 The continuance deadline for the litigation is Friday, March 16th.
- Building purchase by HOA & Metro: The proposed portable building and improvement costs are approximately $20,000. Detailed figures will be available next month. No decision has been made by the Metro board.
- Rezoning of the 164 acre parcel adjacent to ERF on CR 510: Approximately 100 people attended the County public hearing on March 5th to protest the change in use of the property from Agricultural/Rural Residential to Suburban Density Residential.
- Melinda Carter’s request: The Board agreed to give Melinda Carter (2700 CR 510) a copy of the Board’s correspondences to the County Planning Department asking for a ‘correction’ to the current land use plan of the properties within the ERF subdivision All lots in the subdivision are `Agricultural/Rural Residential”. The County planning department has agreed to review and correct their maps.
1. New Owners – Cassandra Peacock – 62 River Front Road bought from Podlesnik.
2. Properties for Sale – Peterson – 111 Valley Place
Rocha – 135 Ute Place (Vacant Lot)
Barnum – 710 Ranchos Florida Drive
3. Pioneer Ditch Annual Meeting discussion: HOA water users will be reminded of the Annual meeting of PDC on March 15th. The HOA is opposing the assessment of the $150 maintenance fee to all adjudicated water users.
4. Approved Tom & Laurie Cooper request permission to pour a concrete pad for their RV at 65 Oxford Place.
5. Sara Mortimer inquired about plan approval process for construction on the vacant lot at 135 Ute Place.
6. Approval was given to the conceptual plan for the Grubis property at 94 Pioneer Place.
7. Board discussed using contract labor vs. payroll for cleaning the main ditch through the subdivision.
There being no further discussion the meeting was adjourned at 7:38 pm.
Wendy Ludgewait, Secretary