EL RANCHO FLORIDA METROPOLITAN DISTRICT
REGULAR MEETING – APRIL 11, 2011
A regular meeting of the Board of Directors for El Rancho Florida Metropolitan District was held on April 11, 2011, at 6:00 PM at the 755 E. SecondAvenue, Ste. 2A, Durango. Board members present were:
Steve Swisher – President
Jack Wasserbach – Vice President
Tony Rocha – Secretary
David Shipps – Treasurer
Also present for the meeting was Marsha Moreland – Administrator. The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM.
A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the Minutes of March 2, 2011 with corrections.
A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the payables submitted. (See attached listing.)
- There was no report on the Monthly System Update since Ray Smith, Water Operator, was unavailable.
- DWRF Loan approval –There needs to be a Public Hearing on the Water System Improvements and those minutes of the hearing need to be sent to State as a condition of the loan.
- Pump House Design – Bob Metzler would like to the Board to consider either a Siemen’s system or a Pall system. Siemen system is shorter in the length of the pump house than the Pall system. Both systems are good systems and run about the same in cost, roughly $210,000. The pump house is approximately 25’ x 35’ in size. The BOD will make a decision on the type of system for Bob Metzler to do design plans for.
- Permits for construction – 401 and 404 Permits will have to be obtained along with the possibility of a Discharge Permit as well.
- Re-Classification of the system – no word on that as yet.
- Cross Connection Policy for the State of Colorado – Each household needs to be inspected and a device put on it for preventing backflow. Air gaps are required on all outside hose bibs. Ray is working on the Policy along with Jack.
- Water Rights – Everything is filed. No additional information at this time.
- Source Water Protection Plan – A $5,000 grant was approved for ‘in-kind’ contribution.
- Testing Equipment – Since the Engineer will be testing for parameters on the water it is not clear just what tests Ray will be taking on a regular basis.
- A/R Report & Lien Notices – Marsha reviewed with the Board those accounts that are delinquent. (See attached listing submitted to the BOD for review.)
- Proposed Budget 2011 Amendment – Until the paperwork on the loan is received it is hard to tell what areas should be amended at this time.
- Credit Card Payments – Marsha will be researching the process to receive credit card payments for the water billings and HOA dues.
- Audit Exemption is complete.
A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the attached listing of accounts payable.
The Bid from Bonds Construction for the magnesium chloride application, gravel and culvert work came in a $32,000. The Budget for this year is $18,000. Steve will speak with Lance of Bonds Construction on recovering gravel from the ditch, watering and grading the roads rather than the bid of $32,000. The District’s water truck should be used to wet the roads after grading them.
There being no further discussion the meeting adjourned at 8:30 PM.
Tony Rocha, Secretary