REGULAR MEETING – December 3, 2014

The El Rancho Florida Metropolitan District held their regular monthly meeting on December 3, 2014 at 6:00 PM.   The regular meeting was attended by the following Board members:

Steve Swisher – President

Robin Boucher – Secretary

David Shipps – Treasurer

Gary Skiba – Director

Also, present for the meeting were: Robert Ludwig – Water Operator, Rex Emenegger – Grader Operator and Marsha Moreland – Administrator.  The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM.


A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the Minutes of November 5, regular meeting with the change “that the Board is considering a roof over the existing picnic table that needs replacement/repair at the pond.”


There was 440,000 gallons sold with 1,266,377 gallons produced.  Due to leaks at vacant homes of Snow and Loudenburg water ran for an undetermined amount of time before being shut off again.  Water had been shut off but was turned on for inspections.

The DOLA Grant received the required contract and report from Goff Engineering in order to proceed.

A new grant is being applied for by the District of which Robert reviewed the two options available and the Board decided to go with an application for the $1 million dollar grant with 10% match by the District for waterline replacement that is not currently considered in PH2 of the Water System Improvements Project.  He is adding a 15% contingency since the project is 2 years out for 2016.

A motion was made, moved and passed to apply for the $1 million grant w/10% match to do replacement of the distribution lines for Sundance Circle and Pioneer Circle.  Goff Engineering will do the engineering for the project and Steve will sign the application when completed.  Steve signed the contract w/Goff for the grant application.


The contract has been signed by SKYWERTX which will include 2 free lines and an agreement that the electrical lines will be installed underground with a month fee paid by SKYWERTX of $150 for placing their tower on the old tank.

A motion was made, moved and passed to proceed with the contract/lease with SKYWERTX with conditions stated in the lease adding that the electric lines will be installed underground for their tower on the District’s old tank.  Gary will get a copy of the lease to Marsha as soon as completed.


  1. Accounts Payable – A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the payables presented for signing.
  2. Accounts Receivable – Marsha reviewed the accounts receivable with the Board.  There are three properties that need a Lien filed on:  Snow, Loudenburg and Peterson.  They have to be 5 months delinquent before a lien can be filed.  Marsha will file the lien on Snow this month and Loudenburg next month.  Peterson will probably pay amount owed.
  3. 2014 Budget Amendment and 2015 Budget –  The following motions were made:
  • Approve the Resolution to Amend and Appropriate Funds for the 2014 Budget.
  • Approve the Resolution to adopt the 2015 Budget.
  • Approve the Resolution to Appropriate Funds for the 2015 Budget.
  • Approve the Resolution to Set the Mill Levy for 2015 at 20.5888 mills.
  1. BP Amoco Pipeline Replacement Project – After a brief discussion it was agreed that BP still had some clean up items that needed to be done:  Culvert at Brice Place had not been cleaned as agreed, more road base needed from Jack’s house to the corner of Sundance Circle.  Mag will need to be applied in the Spring and the fencing at Brice Place & Cassidy still needs the ‘wings’ put back on in the area of the culvert there.


Rex reported that there was an ‘explosion’ on the grader that affected the vertical arm that runs the hydraulic arm for the plow.  The grader is at Kurt’s Repair and should be ready tomorrow.  The roads look good.  The Austin and Abernathy culverts still needs to be cleaned yet and the Bricker/Shumway ditch and culvert on the Banks-Tyner Ditch needs cleaning.  Robin Boucher will speak with Shumway about cleaning the culvert and ditch.

David Shipps would like to see the ‘esthetics of the roads cleaned up a bit.  He agreed to ride around with Rex and point out his areas of concern.  Rex reported that the fencing around Jones irrigation pond is completed.


  • There is word that the property owner, Bricker, South of the entrance road and the District’s ponds would like to put a road thru Ruth Shield’s property for an access to his property.  After a brief discussion it was agreed that Steve will speak with Bud Smith about the consideration and what it would mean to the District

As well as the Tribe accessing their property thru the District roads over on Valley Trail/Valley Place by Jessie Brumley’s property at the end of the road.

There being no further business the meeting adjourned at 7:38 PM.


Robin Boucher_, Secretary