Metro – December 6, 2017



The El Rancho Florida Metropolitan District held their regular monthly meeting on December 6, 2017 at 6:00 PM.   The following Board members attended the meeting:


Steve Swisher – President
Robin Boucher – Vice President
David Shipps – Treasurer
Mike Arries – Secretary
Jim Belcher – Director


Also, present for the meeting were: Robert Ludwig & Tom Riley – water operators; Rex Emenegger – grader operator and Marsha Moreland – administrator.  The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM.  There was no attendance at the Budget Hearing by the residents of the Metropolitan District.  Notice of the hearing was in the Durango Herald and emailed to all the residents prior to the hearing.



The November 1, 2017 minutes were approved with a correction to page 2, New Business:  ‘…100 yards…’ NOT feet.



Tom Riley reported that he did the last read on the meters in November.  There were problems with the chlorine pumps.  He will order a new one at $850 and then there will be two backups that are rebuilt.  Tom will be ordering meters before the end of the year.


Robert Ludwig reported that the District applied for a $60,000 grant with DOLA.  They will make their decisions on January 1st, 2018.


Marsha met with USDA on loan money that is available.  They do not do grants.  Typically, they prefer larger loans, say $250,000 or more at 3.5% interest.



Accounts Payable – The payables were reviewed and approved.

Accounts Receivable – Marsha did not have an accounts receivable report available but would email to board after meeting.


A motion was made, and passed to approve $100 bonuses to Robert, Tom, Rex and Marsha.


2018 BUDGET:

A motion was made and passed to approve the Resolution to Approve the Budget for 2018.

A motion was made and passed to approve the Resolution to Appropriate Funds for 2018.

A motion was made and passed to approve the Resolution to Set the Mill Levey for 2018 at 21.573 mills. (Based on the County’s Amended Certification)



The permit will be signed with the understanding that it is NOT an Additional Dwelling Unit.  The Board is permitting the fact that the garage has water to it but, is not a separate water line at the road.  Garage is not to be used as a ‘Rental’.



Rex had emailed his road report to the Board prior to the meeting.   The culverts have been cleaned and should be good for a while.  Rex does want to stay on top of the culvert cleaning and they can, for the most part, be cleaned using the fire hydrants and hose. He will measure the water used from the hydrants to clean culverts so the water report will reflect the use.


The Board discussed the addition of a part time employee, Robert Schmidt, to assist Rex in his work on the subdivision roads/culverts beginning 2018 at $20/hour.


Snow plowing parameters were discussed.  Rex is to do the job within reason as every snow storm is different.  A notice will be sent out to the residents informing them how the snow plowing works.  One pass on all roads is 4.5 hours and then another 4.5 hours to make them 2 lanes.  Residents must be prepared as roads are plowed according to a priority basis.  Main roads first and then the cul-de-sacs.  Rex will draft up the notice and get it to Marsha for sending after the Steve approves content.


The board approved the expense of $880 for a new compressor for the aeration system at the pond.


There being no further business the meeting adjourned at 7:20 PM.


Michael Arries, Secretary