Metro – January 4, 2017
EL RANCHO FLORIDA METROPOLITAN DISTRICT
REGULAR MEETING – January 4, 2017
The El Rancho Florida Metropolitan District held their regular monthly meeting on January 4, 2017 at 6:00 PM. The following Board members attended the meeting:
Steve Swisher – President
Robin Boucher – Vice President
Mike Arries – Secretary
David Shipps – Treasurer
Jim Belcher- Director
Also, present for the meeting were: Robert Ludwig & Tom Riley – Water Operators and Marsha Moreland – Administrator. The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM.
A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the minutes of December 7, 2016 Budget Hearing and regular meeting.
Robert Ludwig stated the water line explosion at Ken Charles occurred where a 2” line went to a 3”. There were 3 people out of water for the afternoon, thanks to the isolation valves that were put in with the Distribution System improvements. The water was back on at 5:00 PM on Friday, December 30th. Robert figures the total water loss was about 500,000 + gallons in leaks.
Robert and Tom will be replacing the hydrants at Rex’s and David Shipps streets on the old mains. Robert stated that the ‘weak’ areas in the system are now the service lines. Perhaps service lines could be ‘cost shared’ with the owners and the district. He is thinking this would proactively replace old service lines before they blow out, causing water loss. There would be a total elective percentage cap for the District.
La Plata Archuleta District is to come and meet with the Board on March 1st meeting to discuss a Water Agreement between the two Districts for service either way in emergency situations.
- Accounts Receivable was sent to the Board prior to the meeting. Marsha stated that payment on 80 Oxford Place should be coming very soon. The Lien will be released. There is still a lien on 43 Pioneer Place.
- Accounts Payable was reviewed and a motion was made and passed to approve.
- Marsha will be having an Audit Exemption done for 2016.
- The Board approves the Resolution setting the day, time and place of the monthly meetings. Meetings are the first Wednesday of each month at 6:00 PM at 755 E. Second Ave., STE.OD.
- Marsha has filed the Conservation Trust Fund Eligibility form for the District.
- The 2016 Budget Amendment was filed with DOLA and approved.
- The 2017 Mill Levy for 26.110 mills was certified to the County Assessor.
- Marsha will be filing the 2017 Budget as soon as the December 31st payables are received. It must be done before January 31st.
Rex Emenegger, grader operator, sent his report to the Board prior to the meeting. The Board looked over his report and had a brief discussion. Rex was not in attendance at this meeting.
Michael Arries stated he will not be at the February 1st meeting. There being no further business the meeting adjourned at 7:15 PM.
Mike Arreis, Secretary