EL RANCHO FLORIDA METROPOLITAN DISTRICT
BUDGET HEARING and REGULAR MEETING – January 8, 2014
The El Rancho Florida Metropolitan District held their regular monthly meeting on January 8, 2014 at 6:00 PM. The regular meeting was attended by the following Board members:
Steve Swisher – President
Jack Wasserbach – Vice President
David Ships – Treasurer
Robin Boucher – Secretary
Also, present for the meeting were: Rex Emenegger – Grader Operator; Robert Ludwig – Water Operator and Marsha Moreland – Administrator. The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM.
A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the Minutes of December 9, 2013 as submitted.
The chlorine pump had died the last week and it is fixed now and back on line. Robert is still calibrating the chlorine residual, so there have been times of spikes in the levels. He is hoping to have a standardized reporting form for information. Due to the chlorine pump dying there were high chlorine level in the lines setting the alarms off. Adjustments are happening and hope to have it leveled off soon. Doug and Julie Stone’s place froze as well as Kelly Maertin’s place. Situations were responded to and under control. Maertins back flow preventer blew causing her leak that the neighbor actually heard and reported.
Robert and Jack will have a meeting with Leslie Hientze with DOLA to tour the system and discuss the needs outlined in the grant application on Friday, January 10th.
BP PIPELINE REPLACEMENT – Nothing to report at this time.
- Accounts Receivable – Marsha reviewed the delinquent accounts with the Board. (See attached listing)
- Accounts Payable – After reviewing the payables submitted at the meeting a motion was made, moved and passed to approve the bills submitted. (See listing)
- Resolution on Day, Time and Place of the Meetings – Transparency Notice – A motion was made setting the first Wednesday of each month at 6:00PM, at 755 E. Second Avenue as written in the
resolution, the posting notice and transparency notice.
- Lease for Office Renewal – A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the lease renewal of the office for $288.49. (2% increase)
- May Election: A motion was made, moved and passed approving the resolution appointing Marsha Moreland as the Designated Election Official for the May 6th Regular election. Jack Wasserbach, David Shipps and the vacant position of Tony Rocha’s are up for election.
Rex Emenegger, grader operator, reported that the cul-de-sac on Florida Place needs to be worked on a bit and gravel laid down. The Board agreed to the work outlined.
SOLAR ENERGY FOR THE PUMP HOUSE:
Jack and Robert reported that a structure with solar panels on it facing the south along the south side of the road down by the pond road would be constructed.
6/12 pitch, initial cost to run around $92,250 with no power lines – a solar turn key structure
Savings in the cost of electricity at ( 6,000)
Depreciation over time ( 1,403)
Possible Tax Credit ( 28,000)
It would amount to roughly 31½ KW – 4 panels per kilowatt
Building size would be around 16’H x 137’W
There being no further discussion the meeting adjourned at 7:29 PM.
Robin Boucher, Secretary