EL RANCHO FLORIDA METROPOLITAN DISTRICT
REGULAR MEETING – JULY 1, 2015
The El Rancho Florida Metropolitan District held their regular monthly meeting on July 1, 2015 at 6:00 PM. The regular meeting was attended by the following Board members:
Jack Wasserbach – Vice President
Robin Boucher – Secretary
Gary Skiba – Director
Also, present for the meeting were: Robert Ludwig – Water Operator, Rex Emenegger – Grader Operator and Marsha Moreland – Administrator. The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM.
A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the Minutes of June 3, 2015 regular meeting and June 16 emergency meeting.
Robert Ludwig reported that the system is running great! The Agreement on the easement is signed by Fox. The boring is happening on Tuesday & Wednesday of this next week. The area by Biessenberger’ s on Ranchos Florida Drive and Pioneer Circle is solid rock. Rock costs are increasing because there are more areas of solid rock being encountered by the Contractors.
The water loss is due to charging and flushing of the lines and hydrants. Robin would like a hydrant meter for flushing and use by contractors & fire department. Robert will take care of it. There have been power outages that have upset the scadia system but it is back on line now.
The roads are in bad shape right now due to the construction with 6” of mud on them. Gravel line item is heavy due to road impacts.
Meters are being changed out with 20 again this year. The tank turns on at 24’ and comes out at 25’.
Robert will get with Bud Smith on what the District’s rights are with regard to the easement.
- Accounts Payables: After review by the Directors a motion was made, moved and passed to approve the payables.
- Accounts Receivables: Marsha reviewed with the Board the delinquent accounts. She will be filing a Lien on NationStar Mortgage for 253 Valley Place.
- Hydrant locations need to be looked at to see if adjustments need to be made. The culverts that are silted up need to be flushed out yet. Jack stated that the hydrants were platted to be every 1000 feet in the subdivision.
- Valves in the roads are going to be a problem for snow removal. They sit too high, especially the one by Grace Emenegger’s lot. A barricade will be place by it.
- Culverts are silting up due to the construction work. Check dams need to be put back in place by the contractor.
- Weeds have been sprayed. Rex will have an assessment for the next meeting.
- Prairie Dogs may need to be treated again this fall.
- HOA Action on Pit Bulls – A records request form has been filed by the HOA to Animal Protection. There is action being taken against the owner, Kelly Maertin, on her tenants.
- BP AMOCO cleanup. Nothing to report in Gary Skiba’s absence.
There being no further discussion the meeting adjourned at 7:11 PM.
Robin Boucher, Secretary