Metro. June 1, 2016
EL RANCHO FLORIDA METROPOLITAN DISTRICT
REGULAR MEETING – June 1, 2016
The El Rancho Florida Metropolitan District held their regular monthly meeting on June 1, 2016 at 6:00 PM. The following Board members attended the meeting:
Steve Swisher – President
Robin Boucher – Secretary
David Shipps – Treasurer
Jim Belcher- Director
Michael Arries – Director
Also, present for the meeting were: Robert Ludwig – Water Operator, Rex Emenegger – Grader Operator and Marsha Moreland – Administrator. The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM.
A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the Minutes of May 4, 2016 regular meeting as revised.
The CCRs (Consumer Confidence Report) fr0r 2015 will be sent out before the end of June. It was a good clean report and the Trihalomethanes are down as tested in August of 2015.
Dustin Sibik, Robert’s back up, left the end of May. The new back up is Tom Riley. He has begun June 1st and will read the meters with Robert the end of June.
Water loss is 6.5%. The loss was reduced by 45,000 gallons used on the roads by Rex with the water truck.
- Accounts Payable – Payables were reviewed by the Board and signed.
- Accounts Receivable – The A/R Listing was e-mail out to the Board prior to the meeting. It was agreed that Marsha will file the Intent to File Lien on 43 Pioneer Place.
- New Directors Oath – Jim Belcher signed his Oath of Office.
- The driveways are done, bar ditches are cleaned up and Rex cleaned up the remaining bits of William’s Construction debris that was missed.
- Pond site is really soft over the chlorine gallery. Rex cautioned heavy equipment sitting on or driving over the chlorine galley to avoid any damage to the pipe.
- The gate was vandalized at the pond again. The rods were bent indicating that someone had to have run into the gate forcing it open.
- Rex has been getting prices on new signs. There are a couple of street signs needed with additional speed limit signs for Ranchos Florida Drive, Cassidy Drive and Sundance Circle.
Rex was authorized to purchase 6 posts as well for the sign. He will get an estimate from ALERT Signs to install them after the road work is completed.
- Prairie Dogs – Hodiak was supposed to come today. The District will do the tribe property again this year at the District’s expense.
- Weed Control Report – Robin and Jim sprayed the length of the SW end by Robin’s to the end of the road by Grace Emenegger’s lot. The spray is visibly causing lots of kill to the thistles. They hit areas that have never been hit before. 150 gallons of herbicide was sprayed with about that much left over for another spray. Robin and Jim stated that they should do spot spraying on CR 510 and along the BP line that was cut.
Michael Arries and volunteers will dig out the thistles in the infiltration gallery but will have to cut the lock.
- Steve Swisher will compose a letter to Rod Cook asking them to put pressure on the owners of the lots at the entrance of the subdivision and off of CR 222 at the north corner to control their weeds.
- John Krispin has agreed to rebuild the pumps at the pond this year. The District will reimburse him for expenses out of the Conservation Trust Fund.
There being no further discussion the meeting adjourned at 7:32 PM.
Michael Arries, Secretary