EL RANCHO FLORIDA METROPOLITAN DISTRICT
REGULAR MEETING – JUNE 3, 2015
The El Rancho Florida Metropolitan District held their regular monthly meeting on June 3, 2015 at 6:00 PM. The regular meeting was attended by the following Board members:
Steve Swisher – President
Jack Wasserbach – Vice President
Robin Boucher – Secretary
David Shipps – Treasurer
Gary Skiba – Director
Also, present for the meeting were: Nicole Fox and Daniel Wilson – Homeowners, Robert Ludwig – Water Operator, Rex Emenegger – Grader Operator and Marsha Moreland – Administrator. The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM.
A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the Minutes of May 11, 2015 regular meeting.
Daniel Wilson explained that he was attending the meeting to see if the Board had made a decision on their requests. Steve explained that the Board has not had an opportunity to discuss amongst themselves, with a full board present the requests and what the ‘options’ are for digging in the easement. The two options for consideration are open cut vs. directional boring. Daniel also expressed concern over the Sky Werx broadband tower that the Board has contracted with for on top of the old concrete tank. The concern is the electromagnetic frequencies that would be involved with the high frequency radio waves over their home. Steve explained that the Board welcomes Daniel to stay for the whole meeting but that they will be going into executive session to discuss the two issues brought forth to the Board by himself and Nicole Fox.
The Board went into executive session at 6:20 PM to discuss the two issues of concern over the ‘best option’ to consider when working in easement at the Fox/Wilson property for the line improvements, their requests, and the Sky Wertx Broadband tower concerns.
The Board came out of executive session at 7:04 PM.
A motion was made, moved and passed to contract with the feasibility of directional boring with Williams Construction to reduce surface impacts. No decision is to be made on the requests of the property owner until costs and whether or not directional boring is even feasible.
There followed discussion on trying to give e-mail notice to as many residents as possible when there is an ‘outage’ and how long the incident will take to repair. Notice will also be posted on the web site. It was also explained by Robert and Jack on how the ‘hot’ tapping process works when that part of the line improvements project is begun.
- A/R Report: Brief discussion on the report given to the board prior to the meeting.
- A/P Report: Marsha reviewed with the board the payables that were not considered the ‘usual’ bills. A motion was made, moved and passed approving the A/P submitted.
- CWAPA & DOLA Pay Requests: Requests were sent in but no payments received as yet. Rock excavation will make the costs of the project a bit more but still will be within the numbers approved by CWAPA & DOLA.
- 1. Prairie Dog Control – The work is done and it cost the HOA $1,000 and each property owner involved $120/ea. The Southern Ute Tribe would be paying $720.
- 2. Weed Spraying – The common area was sprayed in the common area and road bank. There still needs to be spraying done at Nie and Toppenberg’s property. The board should consider spraying again in the fall to stay on top of the weeds.
- 3. Culverts – They are all done at Austin’s and Schulethesis’s.
There being no further business the meeting adjourned at 7:35 PM.
Robin Boucher, Secretary