Metro – March 1, 2017
EL RANCHO FLORIDA METROPOLITAN DISTRICT
REGULAR MEETING – March 1, 2017
The El Rancho Florida Metropolitan District held their regular monthly meeting on March 1, 2017 at 6:00 PM. The following Board members attended the meeting:
Steve Swisher – President
Robin Boucher – Vice President
David Shipps – Treasurer
Jim Belcher- Director
Also, present for the meeting were: Robert Ludwig & Tom Riley – Water Operators, Rex Emenegger – grader operator and Marsha Moreland – Administrator. The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM.
A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the minutes of February 1, 2017 regular meeting.
- The fire hydrant by adjacent to Bricker’s lot was fixed. Robert would like to spend $500 to get the right valve on the hydrant so that it can be closed slowly and not slam the pressure in the hydrant. It would be a ‘fire rated’ valve. More concrete was placed around the thrust block to stabilize it.
- Bricker’s did not have a bypass in their meter, it is fixed now and they are using water for construction
- The road project with Bonds Construction is on their schedule and Desert Mountain for the lignamon sulfate application. They are waiting for the temperatures to stabilize before applying the product being. The Board would like to have a definite ‘start date’ for notifying the residents Steve, Robin and Rex will do a drive thru to assess which cul-de-sacs need work.
- La Plata Archuleta Water District (LPAWD) will meet with the ERFM Board in April. They have 120 psi in their line down CR 510 and would like to have a hydrant available to maintain their line pressure if needed. They would be a redundant source of water for El Rancho Florida to tie into in emergencies.
- The meeting between Amy Huff and Robert has her working on the district’s ‘emergency’ backup well water rights. The District is getting 180 psi off the well in the infiltration gallery.
- The District is on the Objector’s list for the Southern Ute’s forming their own Water Authority.
- The resources for governmental funding and grant money this year are non-existent.
- Robert will be sending in the ‘Eligibility Report’ to Erick Worker for funding should any money become available in 2018.
- Robert and Marsha will be working on a 3-5-15 year capital planning budget timeline for the district.
- Accounts Receivable report will be mailed out tomorrow to the Board.
- Accounts Payables – A motion was made and passed to approve the payables.
- The 2016 Audit Exemption will be filed electronically with DOLA and CWAPA before March 31st.
- Rex stated that he could do Valley Place with 20 loads of gravel for $5,000 and $1,000 on a culvert.
His project cost of $6,000 – $7,500 (if additional gravel is needed). After a brief discussion it was agreed that Steve will get back to Rex on whether or not he is to do Valley Trail/Valley Place road repairs rather than Bond’s Construction.
There being no new business the meeting adjourned at 7:20 PM.
Mike Arries, Secretary