Metro – October 4, 2017
EL RANCHO FLORIDA METROPOLITAN DISTRICT
REGULAR MEETING – OCTOBER 4, 2017
The El Rancho Florida Metropolitan District held their regular monthly meeting on October 4, 2017 at 6:00 PM. The following Board members attended the meeting:
Steve Swisher – President
Robin Boucher – Vice President
Mike Arries – Secretary
Jim Belcher – Director
Also, present for the meeting were: Robert Ludwig & Tom Riley – water operators; Rex Emenegger – grader operator and Marsha Moreland – administrator. The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM.
The September 6, 2017 minutes were approved as written.
- Budget 2018 items: The $20,000 in the budget should cover the cost of the small tank cover upgrade. Upgrade to 8” lines in 4 cul-de-sacs approximate cost $195,000. Engineering for booster pump station $5,000. (Cul-de-sacs are: Riverfront Place, Pioneer Place, Florida Place and one additional)
- Copper & Lead samples were drawn and sent in (5 total) but no results have been received yet.
- Tom Riley took his operations test. He needs his Water ‘C’ license to take over the system from Robert.
No test results in yet.
Accounts Payable – The payables were reviewed and approved.
Accounts Receivable – Marsha reviewed the delinquent A/R with the Board.
2018 BUDGET – The last payment to DOLA will be made in 2018. Marsha reviewed the Budget DRAFT for 2018 with the Board & Staff.
- Revise amount for improvements to 4 cul-de-sacs with 8” lines for $195,000 to be paid for out of the Capital Reserve in the Water Fund. Improvements would meet fire flows for fire protection.
- Budget a metal detector for finding meters, valves, etc.
Rex had emailed his road report to the Board prior to the meeting.
Since Bonds Construction did the fire hydrant repair at 480 Ranchos Florida Drive, it would be good to have them come and look at it because it is still leaking. The other fire hydrant extensions: one done but wrong parts for the other came so Rex is waiting on those then he can fix it.
There are 2 plugged 24” culverts by 479 Cassidy Drive that need to be hydro flushed. The Board approved having Badger Daylighting come out and do the culverts Rex needs done with rip rap on the high side. The Board agreed to have the rip rap done by Sonny Hale & Rex.
The Reward Notice did succeed in lessening the vandalism to the roads and barrels. The barrels will be removed beginning November 1st. Rex informed the Board that he will be purchasing a grease gun so that he can grease the grader and water truck regularly. The water truck clutch went out and was repaired by Advantage Repair Service. Cost should be around $250. Only a temporary fix, it could go out again anytime and really should be replaced altogether. Rex will get the cost to replace the clutch for the budget.
COMMON AREAS: Nothing additional to report.
Robert asked that Tom Riley be added to the USA Bluebook account. Marsha will take care of that.
The meeting adjourned at 7:42 pm with no further discussion.
Michael Arries, Secretary