Metro.- October 5, 2016

REGULAR MEETING – October 5, 2016

 The El Rancho Florida Metropolitan District held their regular monthly meeting on October 5, 2016 at 6:00 PM.   The following Board members attended the meeting:

Steve Swisher – President
Robin Boucher – Vice President
Mike Arries – SecretarY
Jim Belcher- Director

Also, present for the meeting were: Robert Ludwig & Tom Riley – Water Operators, Rex Emenegger – Grader Operator and Marsha Moreland – Administrator.  The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM.


A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the Minutes of September 7, 2016 regular meeting as revised.


The water loss is up due to Bonds Construction watering the roads while doing their work.  Robert will get a count on the number of gallons used and report back to Marsha.

Erick Worker will be finalizing the loan proceeds on October 12, 2016 at Goff Engineering.  He will review the files on the Water Distribution Project and will be meeting with Bruce, Robert and Marsha.

The budget for 2016 water expenses was reviewed with the Board.  A new hydrant needs to be put in at 127 Cassidy Drive and all hydrants need to have hydrant flags in place.  The completion of Brice Place cul-de-sac will run about $60,000.  Leaks were discovered at Swishers, Biessenberger and Emenegger when meters were read.  All leaks will be adjusted and have been repaired.  The completion of the Road Impacts Project will be done in the Spring.


  1. The Audit is completed and filed with CWAPA and DOLA.
  2. Accounts Receivable report was sent to the Board prior to the meeting. Brief discussion followed.
  3. Accounts Payable – A motion was made, moved and passed approving the payables submitted at the meeting.
  4. Marsha reviewed the Budget Comparison for 2016 with the Board.
  5. The Board appointed Marsha Moreland as the Budget Officer for 2017. The Draft of the 2017 Budget was given to the Board and reviewed.  Proposed increases were discussed on maintenance and payroll.  The Board will discuss at the next meeting fee increases due to rising costs of utilities, insurance, and maintenance.
  6. Merchant Fees – Mike Arries discussed the possible savings on the credit card merchant fees thru use of Electronic Payment Systems service. Board agreed to switch from Transnational to Electronic Payment Systems for credit card processing.
  7. Melinda & Robb Carter’s letter to the HOA Board was discussed. The Carters want out of the HOA and the Metro. District, but do want to continue with water service.   Lengthy discussion followed.  They have denied there is a second residence on the property in the barn.  No action taken by the Metro. District Board at this time.  All costs incurred will be at the expense of the Carters.


Rex discussed with the Board his report for the month of September.  A brief discussion followed on the amount of ‘snow depth’ needed to plow.  Plowing begins when there is 3-4’ of snow.  All roads are opened up with one pass of the blade and then Rex goes back and widens the roads after they are all opened.  It is critical to keep the snow off the road to lessen the amount of water freezing and thawing causing saturation to the road.  The Board asked that Rex keep as much gravel on the road as possible when he plows.

There being no further discussion the meeting adjourned at 8:15 PM.

Mike Arries, Secretary