REGULAR MEETING – September3, 2014

The El Rancho Florida Metropolitan District held their regular monthly meeting on September 3, 2014 at 6:00 PM.   The regular meeting was attended by the following Board members:

Steve Swisher – President

Jack Wasserbach – Vice President

Robin Boucher – Secretary

David Shipps – Treasurer

Gary Skiba – Director

Also, present for the meeting were: Frankie White of Clark White & Associates,  Rex Emenegger – Grader Operator and Marsha Moreland – Administrator.  The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM.



Frankie White of Clark White & Associates explained the Audit DRAFT and the purpose of doing a MDA to the Board.  The financials reflect that $683,000 is restricted cash left in the CWAPA Loan out of $1.4.

She reviewed the different funds and the Cash Flow Statement.  She reported that it is a clean Audit.  The Board agreed to do the MDA as a part of the Audit for 2013.  Frankie will complete the Audit/MDA by September 30th.  Marsha will draft the MDA for Frankie to include.



A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the Minutes of August 13, 2014 regular meeting.


Robert Ludwig reported that he will be ordering filters and that there will be lead and copper testing for September.  There was an 18% water loss over what was produced and sold.  He will be doing locates for BP Amoco’s Line Replacement Project.  Goff still has about 2 weeks of work yet and then the review by Erick Worker with bids out by January 1st.  Now it appears that the District will begin work by April 1st and completion by end of July.


Robert would like to see a Data Collector budgeted for in 2015 for around $5,000.  This would help him with his reporting to the State.  He also would like to see the old tank cleaned for around $1500.  The meter replacement for 20 meters should also be budgeted for in the amount of $1450.



  1. A/P – A motion was made, moved and passed approving the payables submitted and listed.
  2. A/R – Marsha reviewed the A/R and reported that the public hearing for Dahlstrom’s delinquent fees will  be on September 17th at 6:00pm at the District’s regular meeting place.
  3. Marsha reported that due to changes in the Oil & Gas Rules & Regulations with regard to mill levies assessed the District will have an increase in property taxes due to less assessed valuation by the County.  The oil wells must be within the District boundaries.
  4. Marsha reviewed the highlights of the 2015 Draft and told the Board and Staff to report back to her with additions in the budget before the next meeting.



  1. Gary Skiba reviewed his meeting with the County Attorney and the District’s roads are definitely County Roads and can have traffic enforcement.  Tickets can be issued for speeders in the subdivision.  Radar Traffic Data Recorders are up in the subdivision as he speaks for collecting data for the Board and the County.  He will speak with Doyle Villers & Jim Davis with the County to see if they will put CR numbers on the street signs.
  2. Ken Charles culvert and drainage issues can be fixed for $3,700.  Ken has agreed to pay for ½ of the cost of the culvert – 15”.  Marsha will draw up a letter for Ken to sign agreeing to pay ½ of the culvert cost only.  Rex feels about $700 should do for cost of the culvert.  Then there will be $3,000 in excavation, road base and miscellaneous.  The board wants the work done before there is another heavy rain.
  3. There needs to be a 24” culvert crossing Ranchos Florida Dr. west of Donna Edwards that needs replacing and one east of Edwards that needs cleaning.  Rex will get costs for the Board for the next meeting.
  4. Steve & Robin and David are the Road Committee and will look at the area by Edwards for a decision at the next meeting.
  5. Fencing of Kim Jones irrigation pond at the pond area of the District needs fencing.  Can be fenced for around $1200.  Board gave approval for Rex to fence the pond for safety concerns.
  6. Card Readers for entrance to the common area can be done for around $2,000 plus the cost of the card.  Brief discussion with the consensus that it will not be done this year, maybe next.
  7. Rex reviewed a few more items on the list he had for the Board to consider.  No further action was approved.



A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the request by Emenegger for an irrigation pond on Grace Emenegger’s property.  No impact to the District’s water system.


There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 9:00 PM.


Robin Boucher, Secretary