EL RANCHO FLORIDA HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC
Regular Meeting – November 10, 2015
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors for the El Rancho Florida HOA, Inc was held on November 10, 2015 at 6:00 pm at 280 Sundance Circle. Present for the meeting were:
Rex Emenegger – Vice President
Pete Diethrich – Treasurer
Teri Roberts – Director
The meeting was called to order at 6:15 pm.
- The minutes of the October 13, 2015 as corrected were passed unanimously.
- The Board accepted with regret the resignations of Jack Waserbach and Kate Pickford. A BIG thank you for a job well done.
- Tracy Cross was consulted regarding the operation of the Board with less than five (5) members.
- The Powers and Duties of the Board of Directors, as provided in the By-Laws of the Subdivision, shall be administered by a Board consisting of at least three (3) members (Article IV, Section 1.) A Quorum, as defined in Article VI, Section 3 for Board meetings, shall constitute a majority (2 members).
- The accounts payable were approved as prepared by Marsha.
- There will be no dues increase for 2016.
- The budget for 2016 (as revised 10/13/15) was approved with the “Transfer Fee” line item increased to $ 250 as there are five properties currently for sale. The budget then shows a surplus of $ 210.
- The “Welcome to the Neighborhood” package was approved. The welcoming letter and a copy of the Rules and Regulations will be promptly mailed to each new property owner.
- Jackie Juliana, 60 Pioneer Circle, is allegedly renting her home as a “duplex property” or as dual apartments where the unrelated tenants have separate entrances. A letter was approved reminding her that her property is a “single family residence” and cannot be rented as a duplex apartment.
- Rex Emenegger was elected President. Pete Dietrich was elected Vice President & Treasurer. Teri Roberts was elected Secretary.
- A lengthy discussion was held regarding the Board of Directors. Topics included merging/consolidating the duties of the HOA Board with the Metro Board, compensating Board members, meeting less frequently, soliciting volunteers for the Board, reducing costs through consolidation. Pete will attend the next Metro meeting on the 16th.
- The vandalism to the operational hydraulic arm of the entrance gate at the common area has been repaired. Repair costs are approximately $ 750. A security camera will not be installed, as its cost and operation is prohibitive.
- The new water distribution system is complete. Last month there was no water loss from leaks. A grant/loan for improvements to the Oxford Place service area has been submitted.
- The roads are being readied for the winter. The drainage has been restored. The culverts have been opened. Approximately 1,000 tons of road base has been spread.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:15 pm
Teri Roberts, Secretary