EL RANCHO FLORIDA HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION
****REGULAR MEETING ****
October 11, 2011
280 Sundance Circle, Durango, CO
Present for the meeting were:
Jack Wasserbach – President
Rex Emenegger – Vice President
Kate Pickford – Secretary
Pete Diethrich – Treasurer
Also present for the meeting was Marsha Moreland – Executive Secretary to the Board. The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM.
A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the Minutes of July 12, 2011.
- Messages for Billings
- There is one vacancy on the Board of Directors – Nominations will be taken from the floor for the 3 year term.
- Lock at the Gate in Common Area – Be patient, it takes 30 seconds for the gate to lift after entering the combination. There has been vandalism to the gate which is getting costly.
- Budget – Marsha reviewed the budget comparison for 2011 and discussed the spending for 2012. Expenses for 2012 should run about the same as 2011 for Federal & State corporate returns will run about $250 and Misc. will be budgeted at $500. Marsha will make the necessary changes for mailing out in January. Fees will remain the same.
- Gate at the pond – The gate at the pond was vandalized again. The hinge was bent but the lock was not broken this time. The Board discussed some options to consider for 2012.
- Pond Improvements Plan – The improvements that were done at the pond look great. Much better security too. There was some discussion about putting a ‘platform’ in the middle of the pond. Pete will work on a design and it will be discuss more at the next meeting. It needs to have some sort of covering on it to keep people from getting splinters.
Marsha and the Board discussed options for the annual meeting. Some of those items to be presented to the Homeowners are: vandalism at the gate; covers over the picnic tables for shade; platform at the pond; dumpster day again; porta potty; parties at the pond; ice skating at the pond; speed bumps on the roads; security camera and election of Board members. Suggestions will be taken from the floor as well from those in attendance.
METRO. DISTRICT UPDATES:
Jack updated the Board on the Metro. District contracting with a new water operator, Robert Ludwig. He is a CLASS ‘A’ operator and currently is working with Edgemont Ranch as well. It will take him some time to get used to the system and where the meters are for reading meters. The Board is excited to have someone with his credentials.
The District Board will be putting out a RFP for Engineering on designing the required treatment to bring the system into compliance due to the re-classification of the system by the State of Colorado. It is an expense that was not budgeted for in the loan application with CWPA. It will have to be a separate loan.
There being no further business the meeting adjourned at 7:45 PM.
Kate Pickford – Secretary