September 13, 2016
EL RANCHO FLORIDA HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
Regular Meeting – September 13, 2016
A regular meeting of the Board of Directors for the El Rancho Florida HOA, Inc. was held on September 13, 2016 at 6:00 PM at 280 Sundance Circle. Present for the meeting were:
Rex Emenegger – President
Teri Roberts -Secretary/Treasurer
Also present was: Marsha Moreland, Administrator.
A motion was made, and passed to approve the minutes of the August 9, 2016 regular meeting.
- Irrigation Report – Eric Sibelius stated that the same 4 days on and 3 days off rotating schedule will be implemented next year. There were no major complaints received this year. On Lateral ‘A’ at 230 Riverfront the irrigation water has cut a large grove into the hillside for about 200’-300’ long. It will need to be addressed next spring.
- Accounts Payable – A motion was made and passed approving the payables at $247.07.
The bank balance is currently $64,500.
- Robb and Melinda Carter, 2700 CR 510 – It appears from numerous homeowner observations that the Carters are using the upstairs portion of their barn as a second residence. When they bought the property, Rex had personally spoken with Robb Carter about the covenants and rules of the subdivision. He reviewed the history of the previous owner using the barn as a second residence and reminded him that they could not use it as a second residence or as a rental unit. After a thorough discussion, it was moved and passed that the attached letter be sent, regarding a potential violation of Covenant section C-1 and Rule #30. At the Metro District board meeting on September 7, 2016, their board of directors indicated support for the enforcement of the Covenants and Rules of the subdivision
- Traffic Barrels – The pictures of the kids vandalizing the barrels was given to the La Plata County Sheriff. Deputies will visit with the parents of the kids in the photos. The speeding problem in the subdivision will be discussed at the Annual meeting.
- Fischer’s Complaint – The Fischer’s (2158 CR 510) were concerned that the Batzas (73 Ridge Place) construction was encroaching on their property. The Batzas were replacing their septic system and some of the equipment had crossed property lines. Rex met with Rusty Batza and the situation is resolved.
- Shade Roofs for the Picnic Tables at the Pond – Smokin Guns Ironworks has accepted the project including replacing the roof on the existing structure. Robin Boucher with the Metro. District was concerned that the posts should be set in concrete. The posts will be set on concrete piers.
- New Owners/Properties For Sale:
- 148 Brice Place (Wisely) – For Sale
- 111 Valley Place (Bremer/Peterson) – For Sale
- 230 Sundance Circle (Dalenberg) – For Sale ( under contract)
- 135 Ute Place (Rocha – vacant lot) – For Sale
- 251 Pioneer Circle (Couch) – For Sale
- 92 River Front Place (Dickenson) – For Sale
- 389 Cassidy Drive (Bourne) – SOLD
- 478 Cassidy (Wolt) -(under contract)
- Billing Messages:
- Remove reference to the Beach Calendar.
- There was a ‘break in’ at 50 Ridge Place. Residents are asked to report any suspicious activity in the subdivision to the Sheriff’s Department.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 7:00 PM.
Teri Roberts, Secretary