EL RANCHO FLORIDA HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
Regular Meeting – September 9, 2014
A regular meeting of the Board of Directors for the El Rancho Florida HOA, Inc. was held on September 9, 2014 at 6:00 PM at 280 Sundance Circle. Present for the meeting were:
Jack Wasserbach – President
Rex Emenegger – Vice President
Peter Diethrich – Treasurer
Also present for the meeting was Marsha Moreland – Executive Secretary. The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM.
A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the minutes of August 12, 2014 regular meeting as revised.
- BP Amoco is upgrading their existing lines and is required to clean up their mess with a 70% vegetative state.
- The speed limit radar data signs are collecting data.
- Nothing new to report on the Liens filed on Dahlstrom and Cleveland at this time.
- The CC&Rs were discussed at length again and it was agreed that the ‘existing rules & regulations’ in the current covenants should be mailed out to everyone to review to see if there were any questions from the Homeowners. Marsha will mail out the existing R&R around August 13th with a cover letter explaining why the homeowners are receiving them. A date for the election of the Revised Covenants will be set at the next meeting.
- Rex received information for a reader card system for the gate at the pond. Two reader units would need to be installed, one for coming in and one for going out of the gate. The units cost $2,000 each. Any action on the modification of the gate locking system will be tabled until spring.
- Residents growing marijuana for `personal use’ is not addressed in the existing covenants. When it becomes a `commercial’ use then it is a land use issue for La Plata County Sheriff’s Dept.
- Rodent Control – The Metro. District did contract with Hawkeye Wildlife and Pest Control to treat 100 prairie dog holes with Carbon Monoxide in UNIT II common area and along the road ROWs.
- The HOA is going to fence around the Kim Jones small irrigation pond at the UNIT I pond area. Cost is $825 welded wire fencing with a walk in gate. A motion was made, moved and passed for the HOA to do the fencing for $825 and extend the main fence parallel to Ranchos Florida Drive approximately 120 feet to the west.
METRO DISTRICT UPDATES:
- It is now looking like the water distribution line replacement project will begin in the spring.
- The roads are in good shape except for Riverfront Road and Riverfront Place. District will have Rex work with Ashburn Construction to bring in road base and gravel to stabilize the road. Drainage issues are being addressed in that area as well.
- The Board is considering entering into an Agreement with the HOA for maintenance on the UNIT I common area at the pond. Maintenance would include: gate R&M, weed spraying, porta potty, and trash service.
There being no further business the meeting adjourned at 7:45 PM.
Kate Pickford, Secretary