April 9, 2019
EL RANCHO FLORIDA HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
A Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors for the El Rancho Florida HOA, Inc. was held on April 9, 2019 at 6:00 PM at 280 Sundance Circle. Present for the meeting were:
Rex Emenegger – President
Eric Sibelius – Vice President
Wendy Ludgewait – Secretary
Paul Valdez- Director
Marsha Moreland was also in attendance.
The minutes of March 12th – Regular meeting was approved.
- Accounts Receivable totaled $944.58. There are 3 delinquent accounts that will be reported to the 3 major credit companies (Experian, EquiFax & Transunion), if not paid in full by April 30th.
- Accounts Payable totaling $157.17 were approved by the Board.
- Fees for 2019 are approved by the Board as follows:
Annual Dues $12
Annual Irrigation Ditch Maintenance and Users Fee at $250.
Marsha will send out the bills after the Pioneer Ditch Company’s (PDC) Thursday’s board meeting, where the fee schedule for 2019 is expected to remain the same as last year.
- Pioneer Ditch Company’s Annual meeting was March 19th at 6:00 PM, at the Florida Mesa Grange on Hwy. 172. Directors are:
Cory Kahn – President
Mike Shumway – Vice President
Wayne Jefferies –Treasurer
Eric Sibelius – Secretary
The meeting went pretty much the same as last year’s meeting. No real participation was allowed by those in attendance. Their budget for 2019 was approved at $17,404 with a deficit of $ 579.
- Wendy reported that the files are about 90% digitized now. She is waiting for Marsha to be able to access the remaining files which are the individual ‘lot’ account files and plats.
- Entrance Signs – Tabled due to lack of interest.
- Paul Valdez spoke with Jim Belcher of the Metro District Board and he will be assisting them with AlignTec if need be. Steve and Robin will meet with AlignTec to do a site visit next week.
8. RULES & REGULATIONS. Rule #31 – KENNELS:
‘It shall be illegal to operate any outdoor kennel business that boards or breeds domestic animals, including dogs.’
A motion was made and passed adopting Rule #31 – Kennels of the El Rancho Florida Homeowners Association Rules and
- The weekly Phoenix Recycling garbage service will resume May 1.
- New owners since March:
21 Valley Trail – Corey & Mary Lindt
41 Ridge Place – Randal & Katharine Black
700 Pioneer Circle – Alfred & Robin Wirth
552 Ranchos Florida Drive – Justin & Kathleen Moore
563 Ranchos Florida Drive – William Schultheiss
- For Sale:
Suzanne Carlson – 120 Sundance Circle
Sandra & Bill Mitchell – 926 Sundance Circle
Wayne & Eva Winch – 988 Ranchos Florida Drive
- Chemical Weed Spraying – The Metropolitan District is in charge of weed spraying in the common areas and roadways. At the April meeting of the Metro Board it was clarified that
no weed spray with glyphosates are sprayed in the common areas by the pond. All spraying of weeds is ‘spot’ spraying only. The discussion was had due to a letter from Teri Roberts requesting that the Metro Board NOT spray weeds at the common area and roadways with toxic chemicals. Steve Swisher was going to contact Teri Roberts in response to her letter.
The roadways will continue to be sprayed this year the end of April or early May in accordance with the La Plata County Offices
governing the eradication of noxious weeds.
Chemicals are approved for use based on the weeds and grasses being sprayed. Any homeowner not wanting the ROW sprayed in front of their lot may request the District not to do so. They should contact the business office at 970-749-2682.
- Spring ditch cleaning will be completed by the HOA by April 20th. The ditch will be cleaned and burned. Homeowner along the ditch must sign a form allowing the HOA to burn the ditch on their property. The HOA will then obtain a burn permit from the Durango Fire Protection District. There is a State prescriptive easement along the Pioneer Ditch allowing access for ditch maintenance.
Marsha will send out a notice to all irrigation users that if they clean their own ditch they will be eligible for a $50 credit on their HOA irrigation billing. The ditch must be free of debris, vegetation growth and trash. Cleaning must be done by April 20th as the water will be coming into the ditch soon after.
- Rex addressed a letter to Cory Kahn, President of PDC, reviewing last year’s successful cleaning & maintenance of the ditch in El Rancho Florida.
- Paul Valdez, a ‘non-irrigation’ property owner of El Rancho Florida Subdivision, has applied for the position of Ditch Walker with Pioneer Ditch for 2019.
Rex also asked for a copy of the 2019 PDC budget and minutes prior to the PDC Annual meeting. There was no response.
He also informed Mr. Kahn that the Metro District continues to be billed for the delivery of 1.5 acre/feet of water by the PDC that they cannot possibly be delivered. The irrigable acreage is west of the Florida River and should not be billed to the Metro District by PDC.
- The HOA held a meeting on Sunday, April 7th, for the irrigation users in El Rancho Florida.
The purpose of the meeting was to review the rules and regulations of PDC, to discuss the irrigation outlook for 2019, to review this year’s dues structure, and to discuss any irrigation concerns including legal matters with the PDC.
- Lateral ‘C’ Users were sent a letter discussing options for delivering water to all downstream users. It was agreed that a new Lateral D will be installed from 761 Cassidy and that Davis, Humble, Banes, Homes, Webber, Bricker, Clapp and Speece will share equally in its installation cost which is estimated at $ 333 each.
- It was proposed to the PDC that approximately 200’ of 15” pipe be installed in the ditch as it crosses through the pasture at 255 Cassidy Drive (Ruff’s). The proposal is for the PDC to purchase the pipe and for the HOA to install it. This would eliminate a historical problem of ditch breeches. The Ruff’s may be requested to participate financially. This proposal is similar to last year’s agreement with the installation of a pipe at the Hales (389 Cassidy).
- Marsha will send out a notice of the Yard Sale set for May 25th to all the property owners in the subdivision. It will be sent out weekly until the sale.
- Eric Sibelius’s contract with the HOA as Ditch Walker was renewed at $3,000 for 2019.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:35 pm.
Wendy Ludgewait, Secretary