August 14, 2018
EL RANCHO FLORIDA HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
Regular Meeting – August 14, 2018
A regular meeting of the Board of Directors for the El Rancho Florida HOA, Inc. was held on August 14, 2018 at 6:00 PM at 280 Sundance Circle. Present for the meeting were:
Rex Emenegger – President
Eric Sibelius – Vice President
Wendy Ludgewait -Secretary
Paul Valdez- Director
Also present was Marsha Moreland, Administrator.
A motion was made and passed approving the minutes of July 10, 2018.
- Accounts Receivable total $5,252.80: Ditch Fees $2670.80 and $2,582 for HOA Dues
- Accounts Payable approved were $2,088.36 (Irrgation Mgr., Phoenix, Bob’s Johns, Ludgewait).
- Semi Annual Yard Sale – September 15th at 8:00 am. HOA to place ad in Herald.
- Neighborhood Picnic – Approximately 20 people attended. Should discuss whether to continue annual picnic at the Annual Meeting.
- Irrigation Report – Project water was exhausted on June 8. Briefly discussed how long it takes some of the ponds to fill with water before others down line are able to get water. Tracy Cross recommends discussing Pioneer Ditch water issues with David Lieberman, water attorney.
- New owners, Mortimer, at 135 Ute Place. Paid Tap Fee/Meter Installation fee to Metro and will begin development of vacant lot immediately. Karin Lovett bought 60 Oxford Place.
- Properties for sale:
- Peterson – 111 Valley Place
- Clark/Judd – 700 Pioneer Circle – Vacant Lot
- Janet Lewis – 245 Sundance Circle
- Mark O’Quinn – 2242 CR 510
- Colin McBeath – 230 Sundance Circle
- Suzanne Carlson – 120 Sundance Circle
- Lyn Boyer – 692 Sundance Circle
- Sandra & Bill Mitchell – 926 Sundance Circle
- Schulthesis – 563 Ranchos Florida Drive
- Irrigation: Will investigate solving the irrigation leak at Gans (40 Florida Place) .The proper addition of betonite may be the most cost effective. Bob Schmidt and Sonny Hale will be asked to lead the investigation. The 2019 ditch cleaning plan will be created by Rex, Eric and Bob.
- Building with Metro District – Metro voted not to participate in the shared building plan with the HOA. The HOA is still considering the idea and doing it without Metro’s funding involvement.
- The security camera for use at the Common area was purchased but not installed by Paul. Since purchasing the camera, the private use of the garbage cans at the pond has stopped.
- Metro Report: The use of speed bumps are illegal in La Plata County according to Karola Hanks, Fire Marshal. Rex met with County Commissioner Julie Westendorf on July 19 who refuted that claim. On July 23, La Plata County engineer Aaron McKelvey reported in an email that “traffic calming devices” are legal in La Plata County as they have only adopted the 2003 International Fire Code.
- La Plata County Planning is holding a Florida Mesa Land Use Planning meeting on August 21st. Marsha has sent out notices to the HOA members regarding the meeting.
- Messages for billings:
- September 15th, Saturday, Semi Annual Yard Sale
- New Gate code is ****
- Pond aerator Is broken and is being repaired/replaced.
- It was moved and passed to landscape/seed the areas around the picnic structures at the pond. The estimated cost is &$ 5,600. METRO District will be consulted prior to the work.
- Discussion about a sign at the bridge ‘Welcome to El Rancho Florida Subdivision’. Metro will be consulted.
- Discussion on Annual meeting topics:
Continue the annual picnic?
Requirement to seal individual irrigation ponds.
Concerns with vandalism at the pond.
‘Welcome’ sign at the bridge.
The meeting adjourned at 7:45 PM.
Wendy Ludgwait, Secretary