July 10, 2018
EL RANCHO FLORIDA HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
Regular Meeting – July 10, 2018
A regular meeting of the Board of Directors for the El Rancho Florida HOA, Inc. was held on July 10, 2018 at 6:00 PM at 280 Sundance Circle. Present for the meeting were:
Rex Emenegger – President
Pete Diethrich – Treasurer
Wendy Ludgewait -Secretary
Paul Valdez- Director
Also present was Marsha Moreland, Administrator.
A motion was made and passed approving the minutes of June 12, 2018.
- Accounts Receivable total $8,560 for the Ditch Fees and $2,760 for HOA Dues.
- Accounts Payable are $1,280 (Irrg. Mgr. at $1,000 and Lawns & Things at $280)
- After reviewing the budget, the Board made a motion, seconded and passed to amend the budget allowing for additional income and expenses due to the Agreement with Pioneer Ditch Co.
- Yard Sale – More homeowners involved than last year. The board agreed to the yard sale in May next year when it is a little cooler temperature. Signs will also be placed at Valley Trail/Valley Place, Ridge Place and Oxford Place next year. It will be a semiannual event with one on September 16, 2018.
- Neighborhood Picnic has been rescheduled for August 11th at high noon. Marsha will get the notice out right away and send it weekly until the Wednesday before August 11th.
- Nothing to report on the Agreement w/PDC on receiving the HOA’s full water allocation.
- In Eric Sibelius’s absence there was no report on the creation of Rules & Regulation’s for the ditch users.
- Joint building – There are no changes at this time. Metro still undecided.
- Those present discussed the lots for sale. Rocha sold his vacant lot (135 Ute Place) and the new owners will be developing it soon. New owners are ‘Mortimer’.
- Gate combo – Two pads are ordered for the gate controls. When they come in Rex Adams Overhead Door will install them and leave the combo the same. Cost is roughly $1,000.
- Road report – The re-application of Mag chloride/lignum sulfate has been completed on 1.1 miles of Ranchos Florida/Cassidy at no costs to Metro.
- 135 Ute Place – Sara Mortimer asked for approval of their development plans. The Board reviewed them and a motion was made and passed giving their approval.
- Wester Complaint – Jeff Wester (160 Brice Place) complained that Brice Place did not receive the amount of mag chloride/lignum sulfate solution that he personally ordered. He claims that Desert Mountain had mixture left over that should have been used on Brice Place. Robin Boucher, Metro VP approved Wester’s request to personally order and pay for the spraying of Brice Place. Wester wrote a check to Metro for the solution sprayed on Brice Place but then cancelled payment. Wester accused Rex of spraying the extra solution on the upper portion of Sundance Circle, as it provides access to his property. The amount of solution ordered by Wester was properly applied to Brice Place by Desert Mountain. Any extra solution from the original 1.1 mile re-application of the Metro roads was applied properly to other subdivision roads as prioritized. The re-application of solution was at no cost to Metro, as it was improperly mixed prior to the application to the original 1.6 mile project in May.
Wester is accusing Rex of ‘theft’ of material from all the homeowners. He is pressing the HOA board to remove him as HOA president.
All work done on the roads are the responsibility of the Metro District and not the
HOA. After a brief discussion, it was agreed that there is no cause’ for removal of
Rex from the HOA board and that the accusations by Wester are
extremely ‘inflammatory & derogatory’. Wester should address the Metro Board with
MESSAGES FOR THE BILLINGS:
- Neighborhood Picnic – Rescheduled for August 11th. high noon at the pond.
- September 16th – Semi Annual Garage Sale
- Anyone who has a business or service and wants to list it under the ‘Neighborhood Business/Services’ listing on the website can call Marsha.
The meeting adjourned at 7:45 PM.
Wendy Ludgewait, Secretary