June 12, 2018

Regular Meeting – June 12, 2018

 A regular meeting of the Board of Directors for the El Rancho Florida HOA, Inc. was held on June 12, 2018 at 6:00 PM at 280 Sundance Circle. Present for the meeting were:

Rex Emenegger – President
Eric Sibelius – Vice President
Wendy Ludgewait -Secretary

Also present was Marsha Moreland, Administrator.


A motion was made and passed approving the minutes of May 15, 2018.


  1. Accounts Receivable total $6,821.  The balance of the irrigation assessment has not been billed.
  2. Accounts Payable are $1,101.45 (Summit Supply, SW Ag, CJ Gravel, Bob Schmidt, Rex Emenegger, Bob’s Johns, Phoenix Recycling & Eric Sibelius)
  3. The By-Laws and the Rules & Regulations of the Pioneer Ditch Company (PDC) clearly state how the water allocations are to be determined and how the total water loss will be charged.  For 2018 it appears that the HOA is being charged for all the water loss by PDC.  It was agreed that the Board will come up with a comprehensive list for discussion with our Attorney & the PDC.
  4. The joint purchase of the Shed by the HOA and Metro District has not been approved by the Metro District. They now have concerns about the building being located in the flood plain and they are still concerned about the security of the district files that will be stored in the building.    The HOA has approved their 50% participation in the project.



  1. For Sale:  Peterson -111 Valley Place

Rocha – 135 Ute Place (Vacant Lot)

Arries – 40 Sundance Circle

Clark/Judd – 700 Pioneer Circle (Vacant Lot)

Core/White – 80 Oxford Place

Lewis – 245 Sundance Circle

O’Quinn – 2242 CR 510

  1. Irrigation Report – The project water was exhausted on June 18. The Board will create rules & regulations for the ditch users in the subdivision.
  2. Pond Gate – The gate needs at least one new controller pad. Currently using old combination until the new pad(s) arrive.   Cost is approximately $400 each.
  3. Road Report – Rex reported that the roads will have another coating of the mag/lignum solution in the upcoming weeks. The solution was not mixed properly by Desert Mountain.  The Fire Marshal informed the Metro Board that the orange barrels and speed bumps are illegal as they impede the response time for emergency vehicles.  They do not meet the national fire code.  The fire marshal suggested that speeding could be controlled by installing stop signs at all the intersections.



  • Marsha & Wendy are to work on a ‘Neighborhood Yard Sale’ notice for June 30th. Marsha will post a notice in the Durango Herald and Wendy will put signs on the main roads.  The notice will be emailed to all residents.
  • Marsha & Wendy will also work on a notice for the Annual Picnic by the HOA on July 14th.  It will be emailed as well.
  • Animal Protection number to call is 970-385-2900 for those who are having animal complaints.


The meeting adjourned at 7:45 PM.

Wendy Ludgewait, Secretary