EL RANCHO FLORIDA METROPOLITAN DISTRICT
REGULAR MEETING – February 4, 2015
The El Rancho Florida Metropolitan District held their regular monthly meeting on February 4, 2015 at 6:00 PM. The regular meeting was attended by the following Board members:
Steve Swisher – President
Jack Wasserbach – Vice President
Robin Boucher – Secretary
David Shipps – Treasurer
Also, present for the meeting were: Robert Ludwig – Water Operator, Rex Emenegger – Grader Operator and Marsha Moreland – Administrator. The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM.
A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the Minutes of January 7 2015 as submitted.
Robert reported that the bids for the distribution project will open on March 4th at Goff Engineering at 2:00p.m. The notice will go into the Durango Herald on February 15, 18. 22 and 25th and the walk thru pre-bid meeting are on Friday 24th. Staging areas will be needed for storing pipe, construction trailer, equipment so that needs to be considered and could possibly be done by the infiltration gallery. Since the bid opening is on March 4th the regular board meeting should be rescheduled for March 5th at 6:00pm.
Jack and Steve will get together and discuss the easements with the property owners.
The chlorine level is running about 1.2 ppm. Jack said it is a bit ‘strong’ smelling when he turns on his faucets or shower. With the line replacement project there will be times when the chlorine is stronger to disinfect the lines.
- Audit Discussion – Marsha had a discussion with Frankie White at Clark White & Associates about whether a full audit is needed for 2014 and it appears that an audit exemption may be fine instead. Marsha will read thru the Loan docs with CWAPA to be sure they will accept an audit exemption if income and expenses do not exceed $500,000.
- Accounts Receivable – The receivable report was reviewed with a lien being filed at 2700 CR 510 and possibly one at 253 Valley Place.
- Accounts Payable – The Board looked over the accounts payable submitted.
A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the payables listed at $15,191.97.
- 2015 Budget Discussion – All received the budget with the yearend numbers for 2014. Marsha had mailed out the reconciliation reports prior to the meeting.
- Office Lease/Renewal – A motion was made, moved and passed approving the increase of 3% in the office rent. Lease was renewed for another year.
Rex went over the attached road report with the Board and those present. Clean up work by BP still needs completion. The trash can at the common area was overflowing and Rex removed the trash. He had ordered 2 tires for the grader from Basin Co-Op. He is very pleased with the work by Lyn Parker on the grader. The Tyner-Morrison ditch will need to be cleaned out again in the spring by land owners Shumway and Bricker.
The meeting adjourned at 7:22 PM.
Robin Boucher, Secretary