EL RANCHO FLORIDA METROPOLITAN DISTRICT
REGULAR MEETING – March 5, 2015
The El Rancho Florida Metropolitan District held their regular monthly meeting on March 5, 2015 at 6:00 PM. The regular meeting was attended by the following Board members:
Steve Swisher – President
Jack Wasserbach – Vice President
Robin Boucher – Secretary
David Shipps – Treasurer
Gary Skiba – Director
Also, present for the meeting were: Robert Ludwig – Water Operator, Rex Emenegger – Grader Operator and Marsha Moreland – Administrator. The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM.
A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the Minutes of February 4, 2015 regular meeting.
Bids were received on the Water Distribution System improvements as follows:
- Williams Construction @ $795,715
- Crowley Construction @ $798,334
- TRC Construction @ $810,494
- Canyon Construction @ $965,546
- Old Castle Group @ $1,247,267
Robert informed the Board that they have 10 days to decide on which bid they will accept. He stated that the District has a great relationship with the State Engineer who studied the District’s project at the onset years ago. Robert feels that the looping of Pioneer Circle is inclusive of this project. Staging for trailers at the pump house with pipe stored in the ROW will be acceptable. Robert will be approaching the homeowners about right of ways in upcoming weeks. The District will contract with Dave Trautner for testing of the road cuts that will be needed. The awarded contract is in charge of traffic control within the subdivision. Target date for mobilization is around April 15th and will remain in process for 150 days of construction. Marsha will put something about the construction beginning on the billing notices that go out end of March.
A motion was made, moved and passed awarding the Bid to Williams Construction for $ 795,715. Steve will sign the Contract when it is ready.
- Audit Exemption will be done by Clark White & Associates to be completed by March 31st.
- A/R – Marsha reviewed with the Board the delinquent accounts listing. Payment should be coming on both 2700 CR 510 and 253 Valley Place soon.
- A/P – Reviewed by the Board and a motion was made, moved and passed approving payables as listed.
- Rate Resolution for 2015 – Marsha had updated the Rate Resolution from 2011 and after a brief discussion a motion was made, moved and passed approving the Rate Resolution as revised 2015.
A motion was made, moved and passed leaving the Tap Fee at $ 8,000 for new taps with the water meter installation charge of $475.
- Cassidy/Bricker discussion on driveway at 480 Ranchos Florida Drive – Marsha reported on the discussion with Bud Smith, District’s Attorney, on the request to connect to Bricker’s property outside of the District thru 480 Ranchos Florida Drive. There would need to be a signed agreement with conditions outlined clearly that states the District’s standing with regard to such an access whether Bricker purchases the lot at 480 Ranchos Florida Drive or not. Steve will contact Bricker and/or Diane Cassidy regarding conditions.
Rex reviewed the attached road report he e-mailed to the Board and Marsha prior to the meeting. Roads are in good shape and a brief discussion on the dust control this summer. None will be done since the roads will be cut into for the water distribution improvements. No additional gravel for the roads this summer either. The Board will take a look at them this fall. 2 complaints on snow removal received and noted to the Board.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:45 PM.
Robin Boucher, Secretary