Metro – March 7, 2018

REGULAR MEETING – March 7, 2018


The El Rancho Florida Metropolitan District held their regular monthly meeting on March 7, 2018 at 6:00 PM.   The following Board members attended the meeting:

Robin Boucher – Vice President
David Shipps – Treasurer
Mike Arries – Secretary
Jim Belcher – Director

Also, present for the meeting were: Tom Riley – water operator; Rex Emenegger – grader operator and Marsha Moreland – administrator.  The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM.  Steve Swisher, President was out of town and excused from this meeting.  The meeting opened at 6:00 PM by Robin Boucher, Vice President.



The February 7, 2018 minutes were approved.


WATER REPORT:   (Robert Ludwig was out of town for this meeting)

Tom Riley reported that the 66,000 gallon tank is on line again with a new gasket on the hatch.  All bolts have been tightened down good.  Both chlorine pumps are working again.  Tom discussed with the board the need for a ‘separate’ storage room that is out of the corrosive environment of the pump house for back up pumps, meters, and tools.

Meters were estimated in February and the master meter reading was given to Marsha for the Water Loss Report. Tom would like to replace ‘old’ meters with high numbers.  He will be doing an inventory of which ones and what all is needed.


Robert has emailed Bruce Honish for a budget on the hydrant, meter and the connection to ERFM’s main.  It was agreed that Bud Smith needs to be involved in preparing the agreement with LPAWD.  Marsha will speak with Bud and then when Robert and Steve get back in town they will meet with Bud to formulate DRAFT agreement.  The Board really wants to get an agreement in place sooner than later.


  1. Accounts Payable – The payables were reviewed and a motion was made, seconded and passed approving them.
  2. Accounts Receivable – Only one account needs attention. Marsha explained that she has spoken with individuals regarding the balance and a check if forth coming.
  3. Audit Exemption – A motion was made, seconded and passed approving the Resolution to file the Audit Exemption electronically.
  4. Election Cancellation – A motion was made, seconded and passed approving the Resolution to cancel the election. Marsha will post the notice in the Durango Herald and submit the form to DOLA and the County Clerk & Recorder.


There will be a hearing on the developer’s ‘conceptual plan’ at the end of May.  There was a great turn out at the meeting with discussion on not allowing ‘checker boarding’ of zoning distinctions.  On the County zoning plat there are lots that are ‘Green’ which indicate lots that are 3-10 acres; and lots ‘Yellow’ which are 1-3 acres.  The County admitted there were a few corrections on the zoning designations that needed to be done to correct the inaccurate information. Those present at the meeting stressed maintaining the ‘Green’ zoning with the existing land use.  NO suburban residential density in the Green zoning.


The water truck is being service and adjustment of the clutch will be done if possible.

Fire hoses will be gotten for cleaning culverts.  Speed bump signs are $150/each for each ‘bump’ put in place.  Branson will put in 8 signs for $595 for their labor.

It was agreed to use Desert Mountain again for the Magnesium/Lignum sulfate application on the roads this spring.

Rex informed the board that the building should cost the HOA and Metro. District each approximately $11,000 with improvements.  Building could be 24’ x 30’ in size.  No decision was made, more information is needed.

Pioneer Ditch Company Annual Meeting (PDC) – Rex Emenegger, HOA President, updated the board on the date, time and place of the PDC Annual meeting.  The HOA would like a big turnout at the meeting to voice the concerns of property owners in the subdivision on PDC ‘proposed’ new charges to any properties along the ditch, whether they use the water or not.  He also updated the Metro Board on the current litigation going on with PDC and the HOA.


A brief discussion followed on work to be done in the common areas of the subdivision in 2018.

  • Spraying of weeds
  • Have ‘Forest Scapes’ cut down Russian Olives
  • Cutting, burning, and spraying of willows
  • and Rodent eradication

There being no further business to discuss the meeting adjourned at 7:32 PM.

Michael Arries, Secretary