Metro – May 8, 2019
EL RANCHO FLORIDA METROPOLITAN DISTRICT
REGULAR MEETING – May 8, 2019
The El Rancho Florida Metropolitan District held their regular monthly meeting on May 8, 2019 at 6:00 PM. The following Board members attended the meeting:
Steve Swisher – President
Robin Boucher – Vice President
David Shipps – Treasurer
Jim Belcher – Secretary
Also, present for the meeting were: Robert Ludwig – Water Consultant, Tom Riley and Ryan Bonomini – Water Operators, Rex Emenegger – Grader Operator and Marsha Moreland – Administrator. The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM.
A motion approving the minutes of April 3, 2019 was made, moved and passed.
- System Updates: The system is pumping 35 gpm. Tom ordered two new chlorine pumps and a new chlorine injector for the pump house. The chlorine content of the water is at 1.6-1.7ppm. There was a leak between 216 Valley Place and the neighbor that is now fixed. Tom & Ryan attended a fire hydrant training class which was very informative.
- FILE CONSTRUCTION will be using their own meter for keeping track of the water they use while doing the project. Robert reported that the preconstruction meeting was held in May. File Construction has filed for a storm water permit which is causing about a 10 day delay in their start up. Cost for the permit was $3100 which they felt was necessary. The project is delayed until May 20th.
There is a 4” high pressure line connecting into La Plata Archuleta that is planned. County permitting is in process. The Metro Board would like meet with La Plata Archuleta Water District and work on the ‘Agreement’ and associated fees between the La Plata Archuleta and ERFM. The tie in will be done the same time that Oxford Place work is completed. Robert Ludwig and Steve Swisher will meet with the representatives of the La Plata Archuleta Water District and go over details of the agreement before having Bud Smith look it over.
- Accounts Payable: Reviewed and approved.
- Accounts Receivable had been discussed. Ken Charles offered to speak with the individual who is delinquent.
- Revision to the Tiered Rate Structure was discussed in terms of a ‘conservation’ interest. The topic is tabled until the next meeting or when Marsha gets the information available to the Board to review first.
- Align Tec – The meeting with Orion (AlignTec Representative) at the site visit with Steve Swisher and Robin Boucher went very well. Orion stated that the ‘old’ tank site would give them the best range of site for signals. They could attach it to the water level gauge on the side of the tank. Their tower is 10’ high and it would send out less than a cell phone in ‘waves’. New questions are:
- What will the tower look like?
- Workman’s contract and liability insurance from AlignTec.
- No County permit will be needed.
- They would tie-in the electric at the pump house.
- There is world class lightening protection grounding for at the site.
- Check with Bud Smith on insurance issues.
Rex Emenegger, Grader Operator, had emailed his report to the Board prior to the meeting. The grader is running good and not leaking anymore. June 4th the mag chloride application will be done. Prior to that, the District (Rex) will prep the roads. During the application of the mag the wetter the roads are prior to application, the more saturation of the magnesium chloride solution. The mag solution is to be delivered at 1:00 pm.
Steve’s letter to the owners of 13 Valley Place was sent out informing them that they cannot park their trailers, equipment and supplies in the cul-de-sac. Steve will follow up on their progress of removing the items.
The drainage work that Rex did performed well along Ranchos Florida Drive.
1. Weed spraying will be done in compliance with the State and County regulations that clearly state weeds will be sprayed in order to ‘control’ noxious weeds. There is no way to eliminate the weeds, only control the amount of growth from year to year.
2. It was agreed that brush hogging will be done around the pond and along the river in areas where needed.
Marsha will send out an email to the residents notifying them:
- Of the new combo at the pond, and NOT to give out the code to their friends.
- NO motorized boats in the pond.
- Yard Sale is May 25th 8:00 to 3:00.
- May 20th File Construction will begin the last phase of the water system improvements.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 7:45 Pm.
James Belcher, Secretary