EL RANCHO FLORIDA HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
Regular Meeting – November 11, 2014
A regular meeting of the Board of Directors for the El Rancho Florida HOA, Inc. was held on November 11, 2014 at 6:00 PM at 280 Sundance Circle. Present for the meeting were:
Rex Emenegger – Vice President
Kate Pickford – Secretary
Teri Roberts – Director
Also present for the meeting was Marsha Moreland – Executive Secretary. The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM. Pete Diethrich was unavailable and Jack Wasserbach was out of town.
A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the minutes of September 9, 2014 regular meeting as revised.
There was no meeting in October due to no quorum present.
- Billing Notices:
- Who has the most Christmas Lights this year?
- Date for the Special Election of the Covenants for deadline of Dec. 5th. The election will be certified at the regularly scheduled board meeting December 9th.
- BP Amoco work is completed with exception of mag chloride on Sundance & Cassidy and a few miscellaneous clean-up items.
- Results of speed limit survey done by La Plata County showed no speeding problem.
- Accounts Receivable: Marsha reviewed the listing of outstanding accounts receivable with the Board.
- Accounts Payable: A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the accounts payable presented at the meeting.
COMMON AREA AGREEMENT WITH METRO. DISTRICT:
The HOA and the Metropolitan District have agreed that the HOA will spend money to manage and maintain the Common Area at the pond. Rex will work on the agreement for review at the December meeting.
After discussing the proposed budget presented by Marsha it was agreed that Legal should be reduced by $1,000, pond area maintenance should be around $7,400. Annual dues will be decided at the next meeting.
If measuring gates are put in at the main head gate of Pioneer Ditch coming into the subdivision and at
Laterals A, B & C at the flumes the cost would be $150 more for each of the 61 users of the ditch. There followed discussion as to whether or not the HOA should hire a Ditch Walker? Further discussion was tabled until the next meeting when there is a full board.
MITCHELL’S VARIANCE REQUEST:
Currently the Mitchell’s have 3 horses on 3 acres. One horse is 26 yrs. old and the Mitchells would like a variance to keep the horse on the lot for its remaining life. After a brief discussion the variance was granted.
Marsha will e-mail ballots, and mail out ballots to those who do not have e-mail, the letter from the Board on the election and the Covenants for the election on November 19 or 20th. The Board will ratify the vote at the December 9th meeting. In order for the covenants to pass there needs to be 67 YES votes.
There being no further discussion the meeting adjourned at 7:20 PM.