EL RANCHO FLORIDA HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
Regular Meeting – December 12, 2017
A regular meeting of the Board of Directors for the El Rancho Florida HOA, Inc. was held on December 12, 2017 at 6:00 PM at 280 Sundance Circle. Present for the meeting were:
Rex Emenegger – President
Eric Sibelius – Vice President
Teri Roberts – Secretary
The minutes of November 14, 2017 minutes were approved.
1. Accounts Receivable – Delinquent accounts for 2017 Homeowners dues and irrigation user fees total $1,874.01. It was noted that all delinquent accounts as of December 31, 2017 will be assessed a late fee of $ 50. This fee is applicable to both the HOA dues and the irrigation fees. A notice will be sent immediately to all of the delinquent accounts by email or mail.
2 Accounts Payable – A motion was made and passed approving the payables at $ 303.35
3. 2018 Budget – There was an extended discussion on the 2018 budget. The Board will finalize the budget at the January meeting prior to its distribution to the membership in the annual meeting packet. Marsha will arrange for the bank account signature authorizations of all of the new Board members immediately after the February 13 annual meeting.
4. Annual meeting is set for February 13, 2018 at 6:00 pm with the potluck at 5:30pm.
5. The agenda for the annual meeting was reviewed and corrected. The notice of the annual meeting will only be emailed or mailed. See the attached revised agenda.
6. Director term is up for Teri Roberts as of February 2018. Solicitations for the vacancy will be noted on the December monthly billing statement.
1. Ditch Report –The outlook for the 2018 irrigation season is not good.
2. Pioneer Ditch Litigation. Tracy Cross filed the Complaint against Pioneer Ditch Company in County Court. The complaint seeks recovery of damages to the Hale residence in the amount of $ 7,018.18. It also demands that the ditch company line 600’ of the ditch with pipe as it passes to the north of the Hale property in an amount not to exceed $ 7,981.82. The next step in the action is arbitration. A copy of the Complaint filed is attached.
3. New owners in the subdivision:
a) 43 Pioneer Place – Gary Heide (football coach of the Bayfield Wolverines 2017 State football class 2A champions)
4. For Sale: Peterson – 111 Valley Place
Rocha – 135 Ute Place (vacant lot)
Barnum – 710 Ranchos Florida Drive
Podlesnik – 62 Riverfront Road
1. It was moved and passed:
The “Administrative Secretary”:
a. will prepare and circulate the draft copy of the minutes of the meeting by the Friday immediately following the monthly Board meeting and
b. that the monthly packet for the Board meetings will be distributed to the board member no later that the Friday immediately preceding the monthly meeting.
2. The administrative secretary will separate the accounting for HOA business and Irrigation User business on the monthly time card.
3. A discussion was held on the purchase and installation of a portable building that would be used for meetings and office space. This could be a joint project with the Metro District and could save them approximately $4,000 per year in rental fees. It would also be a location within the subdivision that would encourage participation by the membership.
FYI – MESSAGES FOR BILLINGS:
1. The vacancy on the Board of Directors will be filled at the annual meeting. A volunteer is needed for the 3 year term.
2. Annual meeting notice. February 13, 2018, Tuesday, at 6:00 pm at the Oxford Grange – 8016 Hwy 172. A potluck will proceed the meeting at 5:30 pm
3. A $50 late fee will be assessed on all delinquent accounts not paid by December 31, 2107. This fee will be assessed on both HOA delinquencies and Irrigation User delinquencies.
The meeting adjourned at 7:20 pm
Teri Roberts, Secretary