EL RANCHO FLORIDA HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
Regular Meeting – June 10, 2014
A regular meeting of the Board of Directors for the El Rancho Florida HOA, Inc. was held on June 10, 2014 at 6:00 PM at 280 Sundance Circle. Present for the meeting were:
Jack Wasserbach – President
Rex Emenegger – Vice President
Kate Pickford – Secretary
Peter Diethrich – Treasurer
Teri Roberts – Director
Also present for the meeting was Marsha Moreland – Executive Secretary. The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM.
A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the minutes of April 8, 2014 Regular meeting with a correction to the statement that Lemon is 70% full, not 170% full.
Rex reported that he had written a letter to Pioneer Ditch stating that when the ditch broke, due to flood damage in September at Dan Ruff’s house, it was never repaired by the Ditch Company. The ditch is still overflowing its banks and is damaging the improvements made to the driveway at 255 Cassidy Drive. The culvert and driveway work done last fall are being washed out by the overflowing ditch water. Rex reported that Couch’s dITCH was repaired last year after the flood damage. There has been no response to Rex’s e-mail at this time from the Pioneer Ditch.
- Billing Notices:
- The pond code will be changed on June 30th to 1976. It will also be noted for the residents not to share the code with non-residents. Residents must be present when they have guests down at the pond.
- Anyone needing to file complaints, order water and make comments to Pioneer Ditch can do so at the new Pioneer Ditch Web Site: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The speed limit in the subdivision is 25 mph, SLOW DOWN, speed over the 25 mph causes wash boarding on the roads.
- Accounts Payable: A motion was made, moved and passed approving the payables submitted in June for payment.
- Board approval was given on the D’Aleo moveable shed at 93 River Front Road.
- Discussion on Amendments to the CCR’s. The revisions were made from the last meeting and a brief discussion on any other amendments for consideration prior to adoption by the membership was reviewed. The Board hopes to have the final for the next meeting.
- Connie Eckerman had sent an e-mail asking the Board of Directors approval to have agility equipment set up for dogs to run thru the course. She belongs to the Durango Kennel Club and stated that it would run from June 19th thru about the end of July, six weeks. After a brief discussion it was agreed that the Board did not need to give approval and that Connie could proceed as she wishes. Her request was appreciated by the Board even though there was no requirement to be met and that it was a very nice idea.
- Marijuana Greenhouse Complaint at 127 Cassidy Drive – After reviewing the covenants it was agreed that there are no regulations for the HOA to enforce with regard to greenhouses other than setback requirements. Jack will go by and check to be sure it meets the setback requirements. He will also get with the County on what their policy is with regard to growing marijuana in the County. (how many plants, license, etc.)
METRO. DISTRICT UPDATE:
- Water System – Jack reported that the distribution project is moving very slowly with the Basic Design Plan in process. There is lots of water and the system is running smoothly. The compliance filters were changed and looked really good for having been in use for 15 months. There is no definite timeline on the project at this time.
- Roads – Magnesium Chloride application was done by Bonds Construction. Weed spraying will be done by Premier Weed along the roadways and common areas mid-June.
There being no other business the meeting adjourned at 8:34 PM.