EL RANCHO FLORIDA METROPOLITAN DISTRICT
BUDGET HEARING and REGULAR MEETING – April 2, 2014
The El Rancho Florida Metropolitan District held their regular monthly meeting on April 2, 2014 at 6:00 PM. The regular meeting was attended by the following Board members:
Steve Swisher – President
Jack Wasserbach – Vice President
David Ships – Treasurer
Robin Boucher – Secretary
Gary Skiba – Director
Also, present for the meeting were: Rex Emenegger – Grader Operator; Robert Ludwig – Water Operator, and Marsha Moreland – Administrator. The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM.
A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the Minutes of March 12, 2014 as submitted.
- DOLA Video Conference – Instead of a video conference it turned out to be a ‘phone’ conference due to equipment problems DOLA was having. They were clearly not prepared for set up of their equipment. There were about 11-13 people on the decision board. Robert felt that for what time was available, it was a good presentation. Now the ERF is just waiting for DOLA’s decision on the grant money.
- Goff Engineering – They have a construction schedule ready and all the deadlines can be met with the project being completed by November. Bruce is ready to bid it out ASAP when the Board hears from DOLA on their decision.
- Line Flushing – Robin asked about flushing the lines on a routine basis, say in the spring time each year. Robert said yes he will think about what is the best process to do it efficiently and on a Saturday. Target date this year will be April 26th. Marsha will send out a notice with the Consumer Confidence Report. They will be e-mailed to as many that have e-mail addresses and the rest will be mailed out.
- Accounts Receivable Report: There are 3 due to be disconnected if payment not received. Shut Off will be done on 4/10/14. Nothing new on Dahlstrom’s foreclosure. Marsha will contact Bud Smith.
- Accounts Payable: A motion was made, moved and passed approving the payables on the attached listing.
- Financials: Marsha reviewed the budget comparison, financials and pointed out the bank reconciliations for the Board. Brief discussion followed. David Shipps would like to see a ‘screen’ around the port a potty say about 10 feet high. Also, sand, gravel and digging out the BIG rocks at the beach area would be a good idea as well. Ashburn could bring in sand for around $2,000 that would make the beach area look real good. There is $12,800 in the Conservation Tst. Fund that can be spent to improve the pond area in UNIT I.
- Insurance: Marsha reviewed with the Board the insurance coverage for ‘additional insured’s’. There will be more discussion at upcoming meetings.
- Grader: It seems to be working now as reported by Rex.
- Weeds: Premier Weed Control will spray the road right of ways and common areas for $3,000. Rex met with him and showed the areas needed to be sprayed. A motion was made, moved and passed to have Kenny Smith with Premier Weed do the spraying for the District again this year. Rex will contact Kenny Smith for scheduling.
- Mag Chloride Bids: Bids came in from Bonds Construction, Crossfire and AJ Construction. The board reviewed the bids and determined that they wanted a contractor to do a ‘complete’ job for the district – not piece meal. Bids being considered are Bonds Construction and Crossfire. Bonds bid needs to be based on a.50 solution. The board will make a decision at next month’s meeting.
- Tree Trimming: Arborists, Forest Scapes will trim trees, clean up brush & trimmings, burn cattails by the picnic tables and can do the work second week of April for $1,800. A motion was made, moved and passed to have Forest Scapes do the tree trimming and other work discussed for $1,800. Rex will contact them for scheduling.
- Grace Emenegger’s Lot – There is a tree by Grace’s that needs to be trimmed by LPEA. Rex will contact them.
There being no further business the meeting adjourned at 8:15 PM.