Metro. – August 2, 2016
EL RANCHO FLORIDA METROPOLITAN DISTRICT
REGULAR MEETING – August 3, 2016
The El Rancho Florida Metropolitan District held their regular monthly meeting on August 3, 2016 at 6:00 PM. The following Board members attended the meeting:
Steve Swisher – President
Robin Boucher – Secretary
David Shipps – Treasurer
Jim Belcher- Director
Also, present for the meeting were: Robert Ludwig & Tom Riley – Water Operators, Rex Emenegger – Grader Operator and Marsha Moreland – Administrator. The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM.
A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the Minutes of July 6, 2016 regular meeting.
Last month, at the water tank, the pressure pump cracked and was replaced. Now the jet pump replacement is $3,900 that was needed. Water was off for Oxford Place and Ridge Place for about 11/2 hours due to a 4” line that was broken by the contractor laying pipe down CR 510 for the La Plata Archuleta Water Co..
Williams Construction said they would haul gravel for the Distribution System Road Project and do the Change Orders. Bonds got the bid for the project and will begin reshaping all the roads in September. It is a ‘Design Build Bid’. The Mag Chloride mix will be 50-50 of Chloride & Lignin Sulfonate for application in the Spring 2017. The road project should take about a month to reshape the roads and lay down gravel. The Board will plan on giving the residents 1 week notice by e-mail.
Robert explained the Eligibility Survey was not completed in time for filing this year for a 2017 project.
- Accounts Payable – Payables were reviewed by the Board and signed totaling $8,663.41.
- Accounts Receivable – The A/R Listing was e-mail out to the Board prior to the meeting.
- Road Signs –It was agreed that Rex will hire out the pounding in of the delineator posts for $850.
Rex will have ALERT SIGNS do the work.
- Forest Scapes – Jim will clear out the Russian Olives on the N side of the bridge before the Dickenson lot and around the pond for $1400/day. He will also clear the Hawthorns near the picnic tables. Most of the work can be done in one day and should look really nice.
- Grader Site – It was approved that Rex will bring in 4 dump truck loads of gravel for the Grader Site at $1,000. The Co-Op will move the fuel tank to the N side of the road and the District will use the old containment tank.
- Orange Traffic Barrels – Someone, kids perhaps, have been moving the barrels around or off the road. The idea of the barrels is to slow the traffic down in the subdivision. An e-mail message should be sent out to the residents explaining the use of the barrels and ask for help spotting the vandals moving them around.
- Entrance Road – There needs to be about $5,000 in gravel for the entrance road
Robin Boucher explained that he did a second spraying of the common areas. The weed kill is coming along nicely but will need to be done again in upcoming years.
There being no further discussion the meeting adjourned at 7:00 PM.
Michael Arries, Secretary