Metro – July 6, 2016
EL RANCHO FLORIDA METROPOLITAN DISTRICT
REGULAR MEETING – July 6, 2016
The El Rancho Florida Metropolitan District held their regular monthly meeting on June 1, 2016 at 6:00 PM. The following Board members attended the meeting:
Steve Swisher – President
Robin Boucher – Secretary
David Shipps – Treasurer
Jim Belcher- Director
Also, present for the meeting were: Robert Ludwig – Water Operator, Rex Emenegger – Grader Operator and Marsha Moreland – Administrator. The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM.
A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the Minutes of June 1, 2016 regular meeting.
Water loss is less than 9% for June. The loss was reduced by 20,000 gallons used on the roads by Rex with the water truck. Water sold was 1.5 million gallons with 1.63 produced. Robert will be ordering 20 meters this month. There are only about 20 old meters left, so the meter replacement project is just about done. Meters will be replaced as needed.
Williams Construction came in at $392,000, which is way too high for the District’s budget. However,
Bonds Construction’s bid of $214,825 for the road project will be discussed with them and a bid is coming from CRG Construction (Gooney).
The Eligibility Survey for DOLA Grants is about $200,000 with a $60,000 match in 2017 money and budget. Robert will be working up numbers for Oxford Place and the Booster Pump Station. The survey is due at the end of this month with DOLA’s decisions in November. The project would begin in April/May of 2017 if approved.
- Accounts Payable – Payables were reviewed by the Board and signed totaling $17,559.
- Accounts Receivable – The A/R Listing was e-mail out to the Board prior to the meeting.
- Road Signs – Cost to have new road & street signs, where needed, is going to be approximately $3,200. Barrels cost $100/ea. and seem to work pretty well. Rex asked the Board if he could purchase 2 of the barrels. The Boards approved Rex purchasing 4 street signs, 15 delineator posts and 2 barrels.
- Water Truck R&M – The water pump on the water truck broke and is now fixed.
- Grader Site – It was agreed that Rex should relocate the equipment fuel tank to the N side of the road.
- SW AG Chippers – Discussed the possibility of grant money for residents who trim and chip trees. Marsha will send out in an e-mail the form so residents can apply for it.
- Weed Control Report – Robin has the go ahead to continue spraying for weeds where needed in common areas.
There being no further discussion the meeting adjourned at 7:00 PM.
Michael Arries, Secretary