EL RANCHO FLORIDA METROPOLITAN DISTRICT
REGULAR MEETING – June 4, 2014
The El Rancho Florida Metropolitan District held their regular monthly meeting on June 4, 2014 at 6:00 PM. The regular meeting was attended by the following Board members:
Steve Swisher – President
Jack Wasserbach – Vice President
Robin Boucher – Secretary
Gary Skiba – Director
Also, present for the meeting were: Rex Emenegger – Grader Operator; Robert Ludwig – Water Operator, and Marsha Moreland – Administrator. The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM. David Shipps, Treasurer was out of town.
A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the Minutes of May 7, 2014 regular meeting w/ minor corrections.
Robert changed the ‘compliant filters’ even though they looked really good. It did not change the flow rate at all. The chemical pumps are working wonderfully and the chlorine rate is 1ppm. Robert will be buying more water meters for upgrade program.
Marsha reported that the District will have to pay upfront the Engineering costs and be reimbursed thru construction project. Costs were reviewed and authorized by Steve Swisher for DOLA as the President of ERFM. Marsha will e-mail the form back to Beth at DOLA. Marsha will also call Ken Charles on the Pay Request reporting timing.
EASEMENT WORK: Daniel & Nicole Wilson live by the tank and bought from Barb Fisher. To install the line down from their lot it is VERY steep and rocky. Jack & Robert stated that perhaps the District should consider going down CR 510 and east along the lot lines. It would be an additional 700-800’more in line but could save on excavation costs of the slope.
GOFF ENGINEERING – BASIC DESIGN REPORT:
There would be a change due to the revision of the installation of the line by Ridge Place. It is looking now like bids in September.
SKYWERTZ – Nothing at this time.
- Accounts Receivable – Shut offs are due to be done on June 12th. Dustin will do the shut offs in Robert’s absence.
- Accounts Payable – A motion was made, moved and passed approving the payables as listed.
ROADS: (Rex Emenegger’s Report)
- The roads are all graded and look pretty good.
- The beach looks good. The cost of quality sand at the beach is 3 loads for $1500.
- Gravel was put on the road at the gate and into the common area amounting to 1 truck load.
- Kim Jones’ Driveway – The District needs to correct the drainage in the Jones driveway for an estimated cost of $2,800 at the high end. It would be a 2 day job.
A motion was made, moved and passed to have the Jones driveway fixed not to exceed $2,800.
- Drainage at Ken Charles’ Lot – To put in a culvert, road base, berm and culvert it would cost approximately $6,700. If the culvert along Riverfront isn’t needed then $2,000 less.
A motion was made, moved and passes to have Rex cut the ditch and have Schulthesis run ditch water to see if it flows prior to doing the culvert work at Ken’s.
- Weed Spraying will be done on June 4th. Premier Weed will do the common area east and also north of the bridge for approximately 200’ for thistle.
- Mag chloride application – Bonds put down 10 loads of gravel and did not put any on the entrance road as agreed upon by the Board. The Mag application will be done on June 4th. There was no reclaiming of the gravel in the ditch as reported by Rex and Jack.
- The Board agreed that Rex should have the common area and trees watered when he is there.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 8:15 PM.
Kate Pickford, Secretary