May 9, 2018

Regular Meeting – May 15, 2018


A regular meeting of the Board of Directors for the El Rancho Florida HOA, Inc. was held on May 15, 2018 at 6:00 PM at 280 Sundance Circle. Present for the meeting were:

Rex Emenegger – President
Eric Sibelius – Vice President
Pete Diethrich – Treasurer
Wendy Ludgewait -Secretary
Paul Valdez – Director

Also present were:  Susan Banes (687 Ranchos Florida Dr.), Chris Holmes (710 Ranchos Florida Dr.), Craig Jones (402 Ranchos Florida Dr.) and Marsha Moreland, Administrator.


A motion was made and passed approving the minutes of April 10, 2018.


  1. Accounts Receivable – Total A/R are $7,846.56.
  2. Accounts Payable – Total payables are $5,365.71. (Sonny Hale, Bobs’ Johns, Tracy Cross, SW Ag, Philadelphia Ins. and the Geriatric Ditch Cleaning crew)
  3. Pioneer Ditch Company (PDC) Agreement – An out of court settlement has been reached with the PDC whereby the HOA will do the maintenance on the ditch in exchange for a 2/3rds reduction in the maintenance fees charged by PDC to all of the water users within the subdivision.
  4. Joint purchase of building – Metro is still undecided as they are concerned about the security of the District’s files offered by the building.   The bid by Phillips Electric came in twice as much as a comparable building installed for Sonny Hale.   Randall Taylor (40 Riverfront Place) through his company (Power House Electric) will lead a volunteer work party to do the installation.


  1. Properties for sale are:
  • Peterson – 111 Valley Place
  • Rocha – 135 Ute Place (vacant lot)
  • Arries – 40 Sundance Circle
  • Clark/Judd – 700 Pioneer Circle (vacant lot)
  • Core/White -60 Oxford Place
  • O’Quinn – 2242 CR 510
  1. Set Irrigation fees and Irrigation Manager contract –The fee schedule for 2018 was unanimously adopted:
  •  Project Water Users @ $230   (26)
  •  Project Water Users without gates @ $130 (1)
  •   Adjudicated Water Users @ $ 280 (21)
  •    Adjudicated Non Water Users @ $  180  (12)

The 15 home owners who personally cleaned their ditch sections will each be credited $100. The irrigation ditch in the subdivision will be sprayed in the fall for approximately $700.  The section of ditch above 40 Pioneer Place is still leaking.  In the event that additional bentonite fails to correct the leak, the Pioneer Ditch Co will be notified of their responsibility to install a 24” section of pipe.   The Irrigation Manager’s contract with Eric Sibelius for $3,000 for the 2018 irrigation season was signed.

  1. Irrigation Report – Eric Sibelius reported that we are currently receiving about 10 days of ‘adjudicated’ water.
  2. New gate combo for the pond is 8102 and will be activated June 1st.
  3. Metro road report A mag chloride/lignium sulfate solution was applied to Ranchos Florida and Cassidy last week. The District has put up twelve 25 mph signs.  They will also utilize the orange barrels and may add additional speed bumps.  Residents are encouraged to regularly notify the sheriff’s office regarding speeding
  4. Approval was given for the addition of a round pen/shed/small office to Dietrich’s (770 Sundance Circle)..
  5. Susan Banes (687 Ranchos Florida ) reported that the Krispins (768 Ranchos Florida) have installed an irrigation channel and pond on the property owned by the Grubis’s (94 Pioneer Place) that provides adjudicated water to both their properties.    The Grubis object as this is a trespass. The HOA does not have any jurisdiction over this issue and urged the 3 parties involved to settle the matter between themselves.  Home owners Chris Holmes and Craig Jones attending the meeting to become familiar with the operation of the HOA Board. Irrigation usage and the irrigation fee schedule were reviewed.
  6. Neighborhood Yard Sale day is June 30th. Wendy will put up signs and the HOA will place an ad in the Herald.
  7. Neighborhood Picnic will be July 14th. Marsha and Wendy will work on the notice.
  8. It was decided to not stock the pond with fish.


  • New gate combo
  • June 30th – Neighborhood Yard Sale day
  • July 14th – Neighborhood Picnic
  • Metro District may have to increase road fees if speeding continues to deteriorate the roads.


The meeting was adjourned at 7:30 PM.

Wendy Ludgewait, Secretary