Metro – January 3, 2018



The El Rancho Florida Metropolitan District held their regular monthly meeting on January 3, 2018 at 6:00 PM.   The following Board members attended the meeting:


Robin Boucher – Vice President
David Shipps – Treasurer
Mike Arries – Secretary
Jim Belcher – Director


Also, present for the meeting were: Robert Ludwig & Tom Riley – water operators; Rex Emenegger – grader operator and Marsha Moreland – administrator.  The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM.  Steve Swisher, President was out of town and excused from this meeting.  The meeting opened at 6:00 PM by Robin Boucher, Vice President.



The December 1, 2017 minutes were approved.



There was one meter that froze at Ranchos Florida Drive and Cassidy Drive.  Tom repaired it and put insulation around it.  Robert and Tom will go out and grease all hydrants this month of January.  The system is good and tight.


The hatch for the tank has been made and painted.  It will be installed in the next couple of weeks.  The tank is drained.


The District will be applying for the “Excellence Award’ with the State Health Department as a ‘proactive’ water system.

Robert informed the Board that this summer may be a dryer summer due to the low snow levels this winter.  Water restrictions may need to be put in place if the aquifer drops and a ‘worst case’ scenario is present.  Robert would like to see a notice go out to the residents listing the following:

  • Drought considerations and water restrictions may be put in place.
  • NO matches in dry grass.
  • More hydrants have been installed in system, and there is better water storage. The hydrants are being tested and are ready in case of fire.
  • There is a hydrant on CR 510 that is shared by the District and LPAWD should water be needed to supplement the system or for fire protection.

Marsha will work on the notice and have it ready for the Board to review in March and send out late March to the residents.



  1. Accounts Payable – A motion was made and passed to approve the Payables presented.
  2. Accounts Receivable – No report was available for the meeting as the billings were later going out. Marsha will send to the Board as soon as possible after the bills are completed.
  3. Marsha reported to the Board that an Audit Exemption will be done for 2017 instead of an Audit.
  4. Day, Time & Place of meetings – The meetings will be the first Wednesday of each month at 6:00 PM and at the downtown office – 755 E. 2nd Avenue, Suite OD, Durango.



Rex stated that his report emailed to the Board (attached) included everything on the order of how the snowplowing that will be done if/when it snows.  Marsha reminded the board that the notice was sent out to the residents December 13th.



  1. Rex reported to the District that the HOA board is considering purchasing a 15’ X 32’ movable building for at the pond for an office and to hold meetings at. Just something for the Metro board to consider.  The District Board is concerned about security, insurance, location, cost, code, etc.  Rex will get more information for upcoming meetings.  Since the HOA does not own property the Metro Board would have to approve the location and possibly partner with the HOA.
  2. Marsha will research if there has been any advantage to having the ‘Watt Watcher’ program on the District’s account since 2016.


The meeting was adjourned at 6:45 PM.

Michael Arries, Secretary