Metro – June 5, 2019
EL RANCHO FLORIDA METROPOLITAN DISTRICT
REGULAR MEETING – June 5, 2019
The El Rancho Florida Metropolitan District held their regular monthly meeting on June 5, 2019 at 6:00 PM. The following Board members attended the meeting:
Steve Swisher – President
Robin Boucher – Vice President
Jim Belcher – Secretary
Also, present for the meeting were: Robert Ludwig – Water Consultant, Tom Riley – Water Operator, Rex Emenegger – Grader Operator and Marsha Moreland – Administrator. The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM.
A motion approving the minutes of May 8, 2019 was made, moved and passed.
There was a 10% water loss after running the numbers, however, next month it will probably be a bit higher due to the mag application on the roads. Tom went to an AWWA Action Now seminar covering Colorado regulations and licensing. Great information was provided and learned. They also had Neptune meters and representatives went thru the process of replacing old meters and the importance of accuracy. Tom and Ryan will be replacing ‘old’ meters that show very high numbers on them. The AWWA ‘standard’ for water loss is 10%. The plant is pumping 50 gpm and is running good! The chlorine pulsi-feeder pump is running more efficiently now. The filters have been changed and are checked when the psi loss shows up.
File Construction is already making good time on the PH.3 of the water system replacement project. Lines are going in the ground and will remain ‘non active’ until completed. Tom was asked to locate the irrigation culverts. Trautner is doing the compaction tests regularly. Robert has reviewed the Pay Request #1 and signed off on it for payment. There has been about 20 feet of rock that File Constrruction has run into so far. Not a big concern at this point. May require a Change Order if more is encountered.
Robert Ludwig, Water Project Supervisor for the District, has asked Rex Emenegger, Grader Operator, to NOT address concerns to File Construction’s Engineer. Rex was told by Robert Ludwig, and Steve Swisher, not to be on the construction site interfering with File Construction’s progress. Any concerns Rex has should be put in writing to Steve Swisher, District President. All Board members agreed.
A CHANGE ORDER, for the La Plata Archuleta Water District connection was presented to the Board by Robert Ludwig for approval. A motion was made, moved and passed to approve the CHANGE ORDER NO. 1 based on Goff Engineering’s designs/recommendations. Both Districts have signed off on the Change Order for the La Plata Archuleta Water District connection to ERFM’s water system. Robert will be getting pump specs from Gould Pumps. The District could be receiving water from several sources thru the connection. (LPAWD, Lake Nighthorse, Vallecito and Lemon) A motion was made, pending review of legal counsel, to enter into the agreement with La Plata Archuleta Water District.
1. Accounts Payable – approved as presented and reviewed.
2. Accounts Receivable – Report not available. Marsha was still working on the billings.
3. Conservation Fee Discussion will be postponed until more information is available in upcoming months.
4. ALIGNTEC has not gotten back to Steve via Orion with ALIGNTEC.
- The mag chloride solution has been applied and the roads are in good shape. Desert Mountain did arrive 2 hours late which did affect the application. It would have been better if the watering had been done up to the time they arrived.
- Rex stated there needs to be 2” road base put in the cul-de-sacs and topped with ¾” and mag.
1. Steve Swisher asked Rex WHY the grass was dying (brown) at the pond area after having so much time and water sprayed on it last year. Rex broadcast sprayed the grass for weeds and it is burned out, but is coming back. Jim Belcher stated that ‘Amine’ is too strong for ‘ young tender’ grass.
- Jim Belcher is really pleased with the smaller number of musk thistle and Canadian thistles this season. He and Robin will continue to do weed spraying as new plants emerge.
- The fish for the pond are ordered, according to Rex, but not in the pond yet. The hatchery’s delivery truck broke down. Undetermined as to when it will be ready.
LAND USE PLANNING:
Jim Belcher reported that the County Planners are removing the ‘compromised’ agreement between the 2 Florida Mesa parties over the land use code for the Mesa area. At the Planning Commission’s meeting on this Thursday, June 6, at 6:00 PM, it will be discussed.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:40 PM.
Jim Belcher, Secretary